Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 31/10/20

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Leicester looking good.
    But then again it was a similar situation last year when everyone was saying that it was just about only them or City who could possibly stop our then momentum - especially as we were approaching the Christmas schedule. Also especially after we had 'barely' managed to scrape win against them at Anfield with a late (literally last minute) Milner penalty in a game that they, along with many in the media thought they should have won or at least got a point from....

And then we met them at their barn on Boxing day.
    On our return from winning the Club World championship.
    And that's all she wrote.

Not necessarily saying the same will happen this year, mind.

Just that early season results are often reflective of nothing but form.
    Class is what shows later on.
    That boxing day performance was the best i have seen in a while. Keita had probably his best game for us that day.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I think partey is a really good signing for arsenal, about time they got one right, they need a lot more but still i'd have him in our midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    3-1 Leicester verrrrrry shit, because I really dislike Brenda
    The longer Leicester are in the Top Four (this season) the more negative thoughts creep into the heads of sides we maybe don't want to do well for various long-term strategic reasons - the likes of Chelsea, United, Spurs for example.

If Leicester squeak Fourth and Brendan gets the City job there will be some hilarious online discussion for a looooong period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    That boxing day performance was the best i have seen in a while. Keita had probably his best game for us that day.
    The 4-0? We were phenomenal. We have had far more "exciting" performances over the years, but that was the cold-hearted, machine-like dominance we have seen from the likes of Bayern Munich or AC Milan in the past against lesser sides, where things felt inevitable and you get value from every "piece on the Board" - was like a Karpov chess win in some ways, though some saw him as boring.

It's the type of performance I would love to see more of - I appreciate we can't expect to reach the 10/10 level of that style of performance week-in, week-out but the likes of those 2-0 victories where it dawns on you in the 75th or 80th minute that your own Goalkeeper has had absolutely nothing to do is really satisfying and demoralises an opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The 4-0? We were phenomenal. We have had far more "exciting" performances over the years, but that was the cold-hearted, machine-like dominance we have seen from the likes of Bayern Munich or AC Milan in the past against lesser sides, where things felt inevitable and you get value from every "piece on the Board" - was like a Karpov chess win in some ways, though some saw him as boring.

It's the type of performance I would love to see more of - I appreciate we can't expect to reach the 10/10 level of that style of performance week-in, week-out but the likes of those 2-0 victories where it dawns on you in the 75th or 80th minute that your own Goalkeeper has had absolutely nothing to do is really satisfying and demoralises an opponent.
    Yes Sid.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Mistake 101

Why is ole even bothering replying / talking about Roy keane in the media?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Mistake 101

Why is ole even bothering replying / talking about Roy keane in the media?
    Same reason that Klopp did.
    Same reason that Klopp did against Carra just a little over a week ago.

Managers are always going to feel like they have to defend their players/system, however right or wrong it may be or however we fans feels they should or shouldn't - especially when the critics are former players.

When Klopp angrily responded to Keane (rightly) making the observation and suggestion that we were sloppy in some areas, we then go out the next weekend and get hammered 7-2.

Criticism from other team's former players (especially the Scum or the Bitters) is one thing, but I personally wish our own former players wouldn't be mouthing off so much (looking at Carra, Nicol, Owen...et al).
    Can you imagine how it must feel to be Klopp and hearing some of the shite they come up with week in, week out?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

I think the really great thing about that performance/result was WHEN it happened.

We were in the middle of a really congested schedule, had just returned from winning the Club Wolrd Cup Championship (despite several injuries/illnesses along the way which saw us play Hendo in the CB position after running out of options and flying in some of the youngsters as reinforcement), we had just been forced to sacrifice the Carabao cup (and sadly, the youngsters), Leicester were riding a fine vein of form and results that had the press wanking themselves over the prospect of a legit Leicester title challenge......

......and then we just came in and totally dismantled them like it was nothing and shart all over that noise in the press and the media.

It really was one of the highlights of our title run last season for me, alongside Mane's last minute header winner at Villa a few weeks prior - and the first time I felt for certain that City were not going to catch us.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

I think the really great thing about that performance/result was WHEN it happened.

We were in the middle of a really congested schedule, had just returned from winning the Club Wolrd Cup Championship (despite several injuries/illnesses along the way which saw us play Hendo in the CB position after running out of options and flying in some of the youngsters as reinforcement), we had just been forced to sacrifice the Carabao cup (and sadly, the youngsters), Leicester were riding a fine vein of form and results that had the press wanking themselves over the prospect of a legit Leicester title challenge......

......and then we just came in and totally dismantled them like it was nothing and shart all over that noise in the press and the media.

It really was one of the highlights of our title run last season for me, alongside Mane's last minute header winner at Villa a few weeks prior - and the first time I felt for certain that City were not going to catch us.
    Great Post Crimson.

Same reason that Klopp did.
    Same reason that Klopp did against Carra just a little over a week ago.

Managers are always going to feel like they have to defend their players/system, however right or wrong it may be or however we fans feels they should or shouldn't - especially when the critics are former players.

When Klopp angrily responded to Keane (rightly) making the observation and suggestion that we were sloppy in some areas, we then go out the next weekend and get hammered 7-2.

Criticism from other team's former players (especially the Scum or the Bitters) is one thing, but I personally wish our own former players wouldn't be mouthing off so much (looking at Carra, Nicol, Owen...et al).
    Can you imagine how it must feel to be Klopp and hearing some of the shite they come up with week in, week out?
    Totally agree...