Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: This Weekend’s Other Games 31/10/20

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You all got the jizzt though right. ...?

It takes a lot of spunk to arrive at such shots, Steveo.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Roy Keane just let his guard down. He went there....said “sometimes you need to just Smash somebody”
    And then people wonder why I consider him a pretty decent footballer but an overall laughably overrated thug.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Another great weekend and fantastic set of results for us.
    I don't think it can be stated just how much.

It wouldn't be lying to state we're not playing at our best level right now but are still grinding out the results, and on top of the actual injury crisis we're facing, Klopp and the lads are finding a way to fight through it and stepping up.

Still, it helps every little bit when our rivals and other teams they're playing chip in to help - like they've done this weekend.

I still consider City to be our biggest threat despite what the table says and even their own fans will tell you they're not playing at their best right now. So in the potential possibility that they'll find a purple patch and get healthy and start playing great again, it's important for us to build up a lead and get the results now when we can and hopefully we also make our own run as we start getting players healthy again ourselves and things start clicking.

The big match will be when we meet them before the International break.
    That will really lay down the marker for either team.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    And then people wonder why I consider him a pretty decent footballer but an overall laughably overrated thug.
    Oh no doubt he was an excellent player - BUT an absolute cunt of man. A nastier more thuggish prick you will struggle to find - in the words of Alan. partridge... “ A real git of a guy”.

Personally, despite all this - I can’t help but like watching him - the seething boiling angst behind the eyes is so entertainment worthy.

But we are talking about the kind of geezer who can flip at any moment - lose it totally and then anyone who happens to be in the wrong place - could pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    The big match will be when we meet them before the International break.
    That will really lay down the marker for either team.
    It's a weirder one than normal this time around.

City aren't having big-scoring wins, we're top scorers (with a terrible goal difference due to the Villa game) at present, neither side at their best.

A win for us could be a psychological hammerblow to a City side that, for whatever reason/s are just emanating a vibe of "not-that-bothered" this time around. Perhaps if they were to beat us they would wake up, so let's hope they don't as they're always capable of going on a run.

Feels more must-not-lose than must-win for me. The win would be wonderful mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's a weirder one than normal this time around.

City aren't having big-scoring wins, we're top scorers (with a terrible goal difference due to the Villa game) at present, neither side at their best.

A win for us could be a psychological hammerblow to a City side that, for whatever reason/s are just emanating a vibe of "not-that-bothered" this time around. Perhaps if they were to beat us they would wake up, so let's hope they don't as they're always capable of going on a run.

Feels more must-not-lose than must-win for me. The win would be wonderful mind.
    I chalk it all up to the effects of the pandemic lockdown, restart, shortened off-season and quick turnaround to start the new season again.
    It all seems to have just boffed up a lot of teams regular rhythm to start seasons - not just in England but in other leagues in Europe as well.

Yes, the City game will be a great one to win, if we can do it - though I don't feel a loss or failure to win will be as damaging. I feel a combination of our early loss to Villa and yet still sitting at the top of the table, as well as having lost to City the last couple of seasons and still beating them handily to the title or running them hard the season before, have fomented in our team a sense that we can still claw it back and let the loss brush off much more easily. Last season we had the double pressure of trying to win the title for the first time in 30 years and not wanting a slip-up given how close we were the season before, along with the possibility that we could have gone unbeaten the entire season. This season, that pressure is off early already - on both ends. So now we can just concentrate on getting points and doing what needs done to get the title.

I feel a loss for City in that game will be far more damaging to them because we've got into their heads (and especially into Pep's) in a way that no other team ever has before. You could tell from how ecstatic they were when they thrashed us at the Etihad after the restart last season - as if THEY were the ones that had just won the title.
    It'll be harder for them to get over that mental hump than it would be for us if we lost, I feel.

All the more reason to win it.
    And it will really help if we can get the likes of Thiago, the Ox, and Matip healthy again - and in addition to Shaq, keep them injury free for a spell long enough to see what this team can really do, because I feel there's really something special here.
    We saw a flash of it in that second goal we scored yesterday.
    Can you imagine a line-up that has the guile and trickery and passing mastery of Thiago and Shaq in the middle, with a frontline adding Jota's goal-scoring.
    And then at the back it also seems like we might have struck a possibly solution to Virgil's absence if we can get some stability from a Nat Phillips-Rhys Williams combination and hopefully Matip to get back healthy.

It could be special.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

How the hell was that goal for Brighton give? 😃😃😃

1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    That's exactly what I've said about him for a long time.

He was more of a 'thug' than a 'footballer'.