Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Atalanta (Champion's League)

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    At least you've give him a chance .
    I'm getting to be too kind as I'm getting older Ian.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

That made me lol Ian

Alisson

Trent Matip Gomez Robertson

Keita <> Henderson <>Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Not 100% ideal with a couple not fully match fit, but if we don't play them to get match fitness, when will they get it, like to see that 3 in midfield with that fluidity and rotation of their positions that was a huge part of our midfield being the best it's ever been in that run of games last season, seen glimpses of it this season with Hendo and Gini with whoever the third midfielder has been letting it down, nothing approaching our best though

It's still a weird one for me, we talk about evolution, working hard to improve and players managing games themselves, then we get a fluid midfield that does that to a ridiculously high level and it wasn't recognised. As brilliant as it was in that run, regardless of who the third midfielder starting at RCM was, to me it seems as though itwas an accidental evolution developed by the players that Jurgen didn't really want, as bizarre as that sounds, because he ditched it, brought players into it that stopped it working and being fluid and has since tinkered with other players positions and movement that were essential to it and the formation

I'm still absolutely bewildered by it, to me it was one of those things that happens not at all frequently when a manager is forced into changes and stumbles on his best team, happened to Whiskey face 3 or 4 times, i don't like to give him any credit but he was very quick to recognise it and stick with it and try to develop it further each time and use his players differently

If i were to use a single player example it'd be like injuries forcing Redknapp to play Bale in midfield, him seeing that evolution then putting Bale back at left back when Krancjaar (i think) back at LM when he was fit because he bought both players for those positions
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 3rd November 2020 at 09:40 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Come on lads, get the win.

4 wins from 4 in all comps since we lost Van Dijk. If we managed to notch up the 5th on the spin it would be such a confidence boost prior to City, then it's international break time.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Come on lads, get the win.

4 wins from 4 in all comps since we lost Van Dijk. If we managed to notch up the 5th on the spin it would be such a confidence boost prior to City, then it's international break time.
    Yes, let's get the win and another vital 3 points tonight then it's 5 days until our next game which is why i've gone so strong
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Firmino is not starting

YES FUCK OFF!!!!!

Jota starts but the midfield is Hendo Gini and Jones again.. hmmm..

Personally I would’ve saved Jota to tandem with Shaqiri again - cause real problems after Bobby and co soften them up.

Atalanta are no mugs and will give us a bloody nose if we are as poor as we were v Ajax. We need to start performing like we can.

Put this competition to bed until 2021.
    Last edited by Steveo; 3rd November 2020 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Jota starts but the midfield is Hendo Gini and Jones again.. hmmm..

Atalanta are no mugs and will give us a bloody nose if we are as poor as we were v Ajax. We need to start performing like we can.

Put this competition to bed until 2021.
    Who is Jota coming in for Steveo ?
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Who is Jota coming in for Steveo ?
    Bobby

Similar lineup as started v West Ham - except Williams not Phillips and Jota not Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Bobby
    Ok, thanks. Kev will be pleased.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.