Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xherdan Shaqiri - career back on track?

Xherdan Shaqiri - career back on track?

Again, couldn't see a thread (went back several pages, apologies if I missed one) and it's mad that he has gone from being one a lot of us (myself very much included) just wanted some cash for - and now he has put a couple of good performances in, including a wonderful assist for Jota.

Hope he can be a genuine option for us for this congested season.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I think he's a great option to have on the bench in games like today, we don't have many players with that creaitivty, but it depends if he's going to spend most of the time injured again.

Too early to tell. But if he can continue to show the magic (and damn he's shown some magic of late) and not get injured, he'll play an important role for us yet.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

2 great assists, I think for today's he was looking to shoot initially and Jota's run made his decision to pass him it for him, mixture of a great run and a great pass making that goal

It would be great for Shaq to be an option off the bench to provide moments like that more and for Shaq personally, it would obviously be great for him to win one medal which he can really savour and think he made a huge contribution towards actually getting, no real contribution for his Premier League medal, only his assist in the semi v Barcelona for his Champions League winners medal, but obviously a huge contribution even if only in one game, and picked up numerous medals at Bayern without really contributing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He did the business today so it’s a start. His fitness has been his biggest problem during his time with us.

A beautiful ball for the goal. That's what's needed at time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I think he's a great option to have on the bench in games like today, we don't have many players with that creaitivty, but it depends if he's going to spend most of the time injured again.
    That's really it, isn't it.

Hope he can remain fit for the majority of the season. Gives us a great option, particularly as a match stretches, plus keeps the competition for places nice and high.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I think with how the team has evolved in the last 2 seasons, Shaqiri can actually be of use for the purposes he was originally bought, I still don't like him starting because he's not good enough in the press and counter press, but last 20 minutes to try and pick a lock, no problem

I also think, as per the Captain thread, that signings and other players coming in can have a hugely positive affect on players who maybe haven't quite hit the heights, I think Shaq and Naby are both players who had a big reputation for assists and playing the sort of threaded balls like Shaq's for our winner v West Ham, I think an additional benefit of our signing Thiago may well be those 2 remembering their own skills

I love the little barrel. I think he's a cracking player.

It shows how good our side is - he'd have been one of our star players 5 or 6 years ago.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side