Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mane

Mane

Started the season on fire, WHY have we moved his position? In my opinion it's fucking everything up, been like that since the 4231 game, he's in a centre forward position a lot of the time, not wide left or inside left where he has been for the last 3 seasons available for the switch and to link with Robbo or available for Trent or Hendo to cross to just inside the far post

It's really bothering me, it's affecting our play and our ability to do a lot of the things that made us and make us so formidable, it also severely affects Bobby because there's even less space for him.

It's just not making any sense to me at all, I'm watching the longlights right now, he's really central pretty much all the time, as he was v Sheffield United, as he was midweek and guess what, that's one of the principal reasons we've been struggling to create openings
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yes, I've noticed this too. It's like he's now expected to play against the CB and not in the half space. Why??
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yes, I've noticed this too. It's like he's now expected to play against the CB and not in the half space. Why??
    It's fucking everything up, it's restricting Firmino's space and the gaps he would otherwise have to thread balls through, when Jota's coming on at LFWD, the position Mane has been playing isn't changing and we are playing better because we have a front 3 across the line again, which is what we're used to, it's not making any sense to me whatsoever, plus Mane himself has been well below his usual phenomenal standards in all 3 of those games as a result

Ermmmmmmm when he moved to the right at the end of the game To bring on Jota It actually worked and we won the game.
    So why fecking complain. Oh thats right Nineteenx is the expert. he has his way of thinking and thats it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Ermmmmmmm when he moved to the right at the end of the game To bring on Jota It actually worked and we won the game.
    So why fecking complain. Oh thats right Nineteenx is the expert. he has his way of thinking and thats it.
    Moyes has never won at Anfield in something like 20 attempts, so no surprise he went home today with another defeat.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Klopp has changed something each season, I guess it's to keep us fresh and less predictable

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Klopp has changed something each season, I guess it's to keep us fresh and less predictable
    I don't go that deep into things, like formations and players positions. I just watch the games and hope we win them.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

There is that..the master tactician, all he knows is to put 10 players behind the ball. Saying that its pretty damn hard to break down teams that play the low block.
    Klopp is a great manager because he could have changed like for like. But he decided to play Mane in a different position And Salah was more central.
    Completely different angles for the opposition to face.Made the difference in the end.we may have ended up drawing if we had stuck to a similar pattern on the pitch
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Klopp's brilliant, he'll have his reasons and be working towards something, I guess what I'm really getting at is, because I see a lot of talk in match threads about it "We're not playing as well as blah blah, x, y ,or z isn't playing as well as blah blah blah needs a restr blah blah blah" is don't be too hard on the lads if we're not the same animal you're used to seeing and saw for the majority of the 18-19 and 19-20 season, the results are all that matter, but things have definitely been changed and are being changed and you shouldn't expect all the players to be playing as they were these last 2 seasons because a big part of how they played like that was a result of almost 3 seasons of continuity of selection and formation.

Maybe the new way will be better in the long run

Guess i'm just being pissy because it makes it less enjoyable to watch matches and the relatioships and link ups from certain players in certain positions is something i got used to seeing over 3 seasons and is one of the things i really look forward to seeing in games and my favourite, Mane and Robbo down our left and Hendo releasing either with switches out to them and Mane being an unstoppable force and constantly testing the opposition defence hasn't been there at all in the last 3 games because Mane hasn't been there and i don't enjoy Mane looking a shadow of Mane at his best and being anonymous for 80 plus minutes of games

Jurgen's job however isn't to entertain us, it's to get results