Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

Line up confirmed:

Alisson

Trent Matip Gomez Robertson

Jota Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino Mane

Really strong line up, both Bobby and Jota starting, let's be as good as we can possibly be today, in our pressing, counter pressing, winning second balls, passing, switches (especially from full back to full back on counters), defending as a team and be clinical with our opportunities to create chances and in finishing them. Get the win here today and another vital 3 points.

Communication communication communication, absolutely key and vital from all the players, both visual and verbal

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's get the win here today and another vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Firmino needs to prove his worth today. really needs to be on the ball and control the game.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think that team is abit too attack minded for me.

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Gomez, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Jota, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Keita, Jones, Shaqiri, Origi, Phillips.

Brave in the extreme

You really see jota being shafted to midfield after how he's been doing up top??

4-2-1-3 imo firmino in AMC dropping back (hes got the work-rate for it after all)

Might be a 4231 with any number of permatations of who is up top left or right, but I hope not as for me it throws a lot of our best relationships between players, built up over 3 seasons of continuity of selection and formation way out, there is always the option of reverting between 4231 and 433.

Could be 433 with Firmino being in the midfield three to be fair.

If so, the main thing there really would be for Bobby not to give the ball away easily. But certainly has the work-rate for it.

We'll know when we start.

Its not attack minded in the sense Bobby will play a lot of the game in the false nine role

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    You really see jota being shafted to midfield after how he's been doing up top??

4-2-1-3 imo firmino in AMC dropping back (hes got the work-rate for it after all)
    It looks like that, I just put the players in our formation I think has been most successful for us, a flatter back four, with Hendo and Gini sitting in front with Bobby playing the role of the more attacking midfielder as one usually does reverting and shifting between 4213, 4231 and 433