Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    It will be a right kick in the teeth for Phillips if he gets left out, after his performance against West Ham. Not too fussed who makes way for him.
    I totally get that, but I do just wonder if Phillips was the right "style" of centre-back for the physical, balls-lumped-in methodology of West Ham - saying that, there's almost no combo I would be unhappy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Jones had a great game, I don't see why players in-form should be dropped for ones that are far from being in-form, if it's bobby or anyone
    You're right, it's just a game like this might need that little bit of proven quality. That's what we bought him for.

Alisson

Trent Matip Gomez Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Jota Mane
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You're right, it's just a game like this might need that little bit of proven quality. That's what we bought him for.
    Experience and physicality too

Jones had a great game, I don't see why players in-form should be dropped for ones that are far from being in-form, if it's bobby or anyone

Bobby starts- mark my words we'll concede a goal from him losing the ball, i said it here first.
    One swallow does not a summer make, Jones has been rank average in his other games this season, Atalanta were wide open and a million miles off pressing our lads all night, easier game than any Premier League game we've played all season, easier than our first 2 Champions league games too

Matip if fit has to play he is proven at the highest level.

Phillips was very good last weekend but in a weird way Rhys is better suited for City looks abit better on the ball.

Thiago WILL start if fit but if not Jones had a great game tonight he is ready for first team football for us.

Provided no injuries or god forbid Covid that will be the team.

Alisson
    TAA
    Matip
    Gomez
    Robbo
    Hendo
    Thiago
    Gini
    Salah
    Jota
    Mane

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Alisson

Trent Matip Gomez Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Jota Mane
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I totally get that, but I do just wonder if Phillips was the right "style" of centre-back for the physical, balls-lumped-in methodology of West Ham
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    One swallow does not a summer make, Jones has been rank average in his other games this season, Atalanta were wide open and a million miles off pressing our lads all night, easier game than any Premier League game we've played all season, easier than our first 2 Champions league games too
    People are now trying to make out that atalanta are a shit team after worrying about them, but the fact is with jota we was so much better????? mind baffles, we was away from home, they're a good side- don't take credit away from the team tonight we played the best we have all season because of firmino not starting IMO

I'd rather thiago play if he's back ofc, but with Firmino we'll be to open in midfield too, jones was quite physical tonight was good to see.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd November 2020 at 11:27 PM.

People are now trying to make out that atalanta are a shit team after worrying about them, and the fact is with jota we was so much better????? mind baffles, we was away from home, they're a good side- don't take credit away from the team tonight

I'd rather thiago play, but with Firmino we'll be to open in midfield too, jones was quite physical tonight was good to see.
    Atalanta are a dangerous team, but the supposed minnows we played last game made it a much harder game and pressed and closed us down exceptionally well, Atalanta were miles off us tonight, they never got close to any of our lads, not trying to detract from what was an excellent away performance, just being honest that the opposition played right into our hands, trying to fight fire with fire with far lesser quality and nothing resembling a good or organised press