Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

I have no worries about us scoring goals.if we are going to beat Man-city on Sunday we need to have as much possession of the ball has they have.
    They are very good at moving you around. We need to stop them doing it and thats to control the game. you always fancy us to break on them and make chances
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I have no worries about us scoring goals.if we are going to beat Man-city on Sunday we need to have as much possession of the ball has they have.
    They are very good at moving you around. We need to stop them doing it and thats to control the game. you always fancy us to break on them and make chances
    Guardiola is like Solskjaer, neither of them know what their best centre back pairing is. We will get chances against them, we have to take them, because they will get chances too.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Tonight might have been part one of a two part package, all 3 running in behind, then booooom introduces Thiago into the game v City to release all 3 even more
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Guardiola is like Solskjaer, neither of them know what their best centre back pairing is.
    He doesn't know who is best midfield is either

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He doesn't know who is best midfield is either
    That's right.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I've watched a couple of City games lately and the impression I get is that Pep has become even more infatuated with his players having control of the ball - almost at the expense of everything else - with a thought process of creating 2-4 high quality chances per match and converting.

Perhaps I am over-analysing and it's just that their attacking runs aren't clicking (thus they're knocking it around some more) but I can foresee frustrating spells in the match.

Aguero expected to be back as well - wonder if he had a visit to a certain Doctor....

I expect they'll be bricking it after tonight, they've seen one game of that forward line, without Thiago, that's all they have to try and analyse. given the work Jurgen put into their movement in the 3 games I didn't enjoy because he was doing that work, I think it's a pretty safe bet he'll go with that 3 again and already has a few different ways and different patterns he can ask them to assume at any given point, because he was obviously working on a few over those 3 games

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Guardiola errs on the side of caution and goes with a back 3

Nope he will go for us - and our back line hasn’t had to cope with anything of that quality coming at it since it last got turned over by them. And our back line isn’t nearly as strong as it was then either. They will be confident - we need to be as assertive and direct as we have been when Jota and Shaq came in V West Ham and again in patches tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Nope he will go for us - and our back line hasn’t had to cope with anything of that quality coming at it since it last got turned over by them. And our back line isn’t nearly as strong as it was then either. They will be confident - we need to be as assertive and direct as we have been when Jota and Shaq came in V West Ham and again in patches tonight.
    To be honest, that result and the scoreline didn't reflect the game, also, for me anyway, I felt they let us have it, sat a bit deeper and looked to counter us for most of it, rather than trying to dominate the ball and us nick it off them and counter as we did in most previous Klopp v Guardiola meetings

If you stop them taking the ball down the left wing to the byline where they'll play a low ball into the box, you nullify a big/the main part of their attack.