Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

If I was a betting man, I’d stick a fiver on Firmino starting.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I would say 50/50 - which is totally crazy considering how much more deadly our entire attack looks with Jota but that is our Jurgen - seems to have done ok out of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I wouldn't, I wouldn't be surprised if 3 up front all looking to make runs in behind and pretty much staying up top for the most part, with the rest of the team being relied on to defend and win the ball back is Jurgen's new high risk risk/reward football
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Last edited by Nineteenx; 4th November 2020 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I would have agreed before last night but Jota is bound to start and no way he leaves Mane/Salah out.

Im not a tactical expert but that front 3 may push City defence back a touch if they play a high line against 3 quick forwards its a high risk tactic.

I expect it to be a tight game 1-1 or 2-1 either way.

We can be sure that City will play a lot deeper than Atalanta did last night so Klopp might go with Firmino to pick the tight hole between their midfield and defence.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

If City do play deep. we need to be very patient. And dont lose the ball. even if we have to play balls back and keep it away from them so be it.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Let's just play the front 3 from last night and bum them, note to our players, if you're through take it early, almost immediately or if you've not done that and Ederson is quickly bearing down on you, slip it through his legs, he's really weak in both areas, he's always wide open for the megs when he rushes out and his position prior to a player being played through is usually very poor, if the players had a quick glance at his position and where they want to put it prior to being played through and takes it early, they're very likely to score

Nice early goal for our lads, leave our 3 from last night up top as they try and come back and absolutely destroy them

Let's remember our switches full back to full back this time too, worked a treat in our 3-1 win against them, their players looking to keep a press on our midfield and our full back switching it to our other full back running beyond midfield on the counter