Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Miller. I'm sorry for having a go at you on the match thread the other night. I was out of order.
    I don't know what you said or did but that's a first for this forum

Nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Nice one!
    Thanks Kev. i would have done it earlier, but it's the first time i've seen him on here since the game.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Miller. I'm sorry for having a go at you on the match thread the other night. I was out of order.
    I get on very well with Miller and have my issues with Joe as he is really lacking experience of real defending given his career appearances and most of them having been made in a team that played such a high line and press, counter press, win second balls and recycle the ball so brilliantly. Jurgen's changed the line and i see it as an opportunity for Joe to get that experience and think we're so desperately short of CB options we need to support all of them and accept they are still learning and will at times make errors.

As i recall, you had a go at Miller for ripping into Joe about 2 minutes in, which was a fair enough thing to do
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

There is something i think is vitally important for Jurgen and the analysis team to drill into our defenders for the game v UAE FC

In our last game they scored almost all their goals through having worked on exploiting our defenders way of playing

The tactic was for their forward to make runs as though going away from goal, looking to go past them a little wider to draw them across and to drill the ball into their feet and for them, shaping all the way to go wide, to clip the ball back inside the defender to have space quite centrally

Our CBs need to be made aware of this and not get too tight, over comitted and 'sold' on their forwards going the way they're trying to make them believe they, but instead take great positions in which they can cover, stop or slow them down trying to go either way

It was a definite tactic from UAE FC and one they had a great deal of success with. Angle your runs as though going wider trying to go around the defender drawing them across, when it's drilled into feet take it back the other way inside them. No doubt in my mind whatsoever UAE FC had put a lot of work into that and will be trying it again

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post

Nice one!
    No such niceties from you Kev
    #Bobbyout

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I get on very well with Miller and have my issues with Joe as he is really lacking experience of real defending given his career appearances and most of them having been made in a team that played such a high line and press, counter press, win second balls and recycle the ball so brilliantly. Jurgen's changed the line and i see it as an opportunity for Joe to get that experience and think we're so desperately short of CB options we need to support all of them and accept they are still learning and will at times make errors.

As i recall, you had a go at Miller for ripping into Joe about 2 minutes in, which was a fair enough thing to do
    We have all got opinions Nineteen, i should have respected Miller's. That's why i thought it was best to straighten things out.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

We have all got opinions Nineteen, i should have respected Miller's. That's why i thought it was best to straighten things out.
    I hugely respect Miller's also, it's very close to my own on a great many things, but however strongly you feel about some things, there are times, like when you only have 2 CBs, where you just have to support them whatever because they're all we've got

"Laws of chivalry and all that you know" - Sir Oran Neville-Smythe

Top man/whatever skyebo

Pretty sure Miller will graciously accept - hes a top man/other too

I didn't see it tbc - always good to foster good spirits

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Top man/whatever skyebo

Pretty sure Miller will graciously accept - hes a top man/other too

I didn't see it tbc - always good to foster good spirits
    Thanks CCTV.