Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Steveo/Balinkay battle thread

The Steveo/Balinkay battle thread

Please fight here and leave the football forums to those who wish to discuss football.

Ding Ding, round 1
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

In what world is it a debate?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Out of this world by the looks of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Are we really sure that this isn't a crack pipe posing as a dog whistle ?

This is what happens when you grow up very comfortabley in a spoilt world which most of us have done. (unless anyone is that old on here idk) or from a poor country/area

Arguing about utter bollocks when there's so much more going in the world to worry/think/talk about

Jeezeee this generation i aint even old but geeze my GENERATION

Why is Kev, whining now??

You appear to be angry all the time KEV. I am in jest here. Hoping people will calm down and have a laugh.. You lot take it to serious.

@Kev:

For me it's a general quality of life on the forum thing - Steveo behaves like a snide dick all the time and resorts to ad hominem and xenophobic dog whistling. I don't like that on my forums and none of the other posters here engage in that sort of thing. I don't know if he's a racist / xenophobic arsehole irl (I'd like to think not), but at times he behaves exactly like a snide one on here.

I want this forum to be a fun and interesting place to post - Steveo contributes negatively in that regard for me. Of course I'm going to call him out on here. I tried repeatedly to clear up the misunderstanding from yesterday and he just didn't care about it - all he wanted to do was be snide and try to insult me. That's not the sort of forum I want to be active on.

Then he proclaims I've made "many" racist / xenophobic comments on here in the past - if I have and didn't realise it, I should know about it so that I can work on that. I enjoy jokes about national stereotypes as much as the next guy, so it's entirely possible I've crossed the line at times or come off more aggressive than intended. I should work on that if that's the case.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I bring it in here

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He's not being generally xenophobic - he's being dog-whistlingly specifically xenophobic to the place from which I hail.

If he wants to debate a point that's been made - he can talk about like an adult and read what's written plain as day, not go on about whose side a country was on in WW2 or who their famous nazis were. How the fuck is this acceptable? Like seriously? If I were on like 4chan or a youtube comment section, fine - that's the point of those place, but here?

But you are right that we're clogging up the forum, I apologise. Will try to take it to the Off topic.
    Again you are talking bollox. I mentioned Bulgaria's WW2 history specifically because you keep accusing me of being xenophobic and racist when I have said nothing NOTHING at all that can be labelled as either. Calling you a wannabe German or a Bulgar is nothing beyond description. The fact that I call you daft is personal like when you call me a dick . I do often find myself calling out your nationality when we are discussing words - meaning and understanding.. and it is relevant. Then the Dog Whistling bollox ..

I have Always called Serbians, Serbs and Croatians, Croats & Bulgarians, Bulgars - despite visiting the country on a few occasions I was wasn't aware there was anything wrong in the term - still am not tbh but if you say it is wrong fine - Bulgarians it is.

Dog Whistle :
    A subtly aimed political message which is intended for, and can only be understood by, a particular demographic group.

So which group are we talking about here ? It is something I associate mostly with far right Nazi groups like the ones who paraded through Sofia in January. The use of the words like Xenophobic , Racist and Dog whistle are the reasons for posting about Bulgaria's dark WW2 period and subsequent Neo Nazi groups.. I wondered IF you were looking to be a martyr or being a hypocrite..?

It is that simple. So stop trying to find something that isn't there just to cover up for your detritus.

And to cap it all off you even suggest I get banned too - wow.. A new low even for you

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    You appear to be angry all the time KEV. I am in jest here. Hoping people will calm down and have a laugh.. You lot take it to serious.
    Not really i'm glad you made this here, like I said in the other thread, I appear to be angry? maybe I don't like random snarkey little comments from you every day? I don't even have to say anything and you mention my name with a comment, always trying to start something or a arguement

Frankly it's boring, it's as bad as this shite

So you keep going, I won't be bothering to reply back anymore.

You're like that little kid in school that says shit behind your back and makes up rumours / passive agressive comments

and fair enough balinkay i ain't taking sides frankly not bothered, and was amusing to read for a while tbh, makes a change from certain someone

And half the time i'm not even serious but I am being with this post
    Last edited by Kev0909; 5th November 2020 at 03:09 PM.