View Poll Results: Do you think Jota will start against Man City?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 33.33%
  • No

8 66.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think Jota will start against Man City?

When was the last time a lfc player didn't start in a big game (any pl/cl game..) having scored a hat trick ?

10 years ago if we'd been told ,In 10 years time we'll be that good we'd be considering putting a player on the bench after scoring a hat trick away from home in the Champions league,
    You'd of been locked up !!

Just over 11 years ago we were doing this though.

Ha ha, good point, Just goes to show how quickly it can go down hill. I was thinking of the Hodgson era.

Yes indeed - takes an age to get there and can go tits up so quick.. Remember Leeds..? Was watching a YT on Mark Viduka the other day - great striker and Leeds were so strong - then wham... gone

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes indeed - takes an age to get there and can go tits up so quick.. Remember Leeds..? Was watching a YT on Mark Viduka the other day - great striker and Leeds were so strong - then wham... gone
    Any wonder considering they had Ridsdale running the club. Some mad stories from that time their, from Ridsdales exotic fish to the Seth Johnson contract negotiations .

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Any wonder considering they had Ridsdale running the club. Some mad stories from that time their, from Ridsdales exotic fish to the Seth Johnson contract negotiations .
    Ridsdale was on the tv not long ago, he's at another club now, forget which one. He was a big noise at Ideal World when they opened up their tv channel.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Ha ha, good point, Just goes to show how quickly it can go down hill. I was thinking of the Hodgson era.
    Even 6 years or so ago.

......................Mignolet

Manquillo...Toure......Skrtel....Moreno

.........................Lucas

.............Can.............Allen

Markovic........Borini.........Lallana

Not sure any of that makes our squad these days, nevermind our bench.

We are strong.

I'm taking Klopp at his word that Firmino will be in the team Sunday so for me that puts Jota to the bench

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Ridsdale was on the tv not long ago, he's at another club now, forget which one. He was a big noise at Ideal World when they opened up their tv channel.
    The mad thing was he had a cracking team at Leeds all young British, Irish and Harry Kewell with O'Leary managing getting really good results. I remember them beating us easily one New years day at Anfield and coming out of the Kop thinking they were really good.