Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City v Liverpool (Match Thread)

I’d be looking to bring another midfielder on to get some more control.

What do I know though I’d have took 1-1 at half time.

I'd stick milner on for his work-rate upfront

Firmino can drop to CDM

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I understand the frustration with the penalty (awarded to them).
    But that has more to do with the daftness of the new handball rule than it has to do with VAR.
    You could tell the referee didn't want to give it (and possibly even the VAR officials who told him to go have another look). But with the rule stipulating that it has to be given as long as the hand was anywhere away from the body regardless of whether the player knew anything about it (or in this case was even trying to avoid the hit), referees don't have a lot of leeway to turn the appeal down.

Looking at further replays it just reveals that a couple of years ago that would never have been given in a million years.

On the flip side, it's also the reason why you now train defenders to play with their hands behind their back when they're in the penalty area and it looks like the opposing player will shoot or cross.
    And in that circumstance Gomez should have done better.
    On the replay it looked to me like Gomez got caught out turning his body/face away from the ball.
    Making his body narrower and saving his face/balls.

Do not see the sense in that 442 we reverted to trying to defend, too unfamiliar to the players, should have been 4312 and we'd still stop the ball going into their mids

Second half imminent

Come on come on come ON Liverpool, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, let's be A LOT better this half and in particular far more clinical with our opportunities to create chances and in finishing them and if the shot is on, Mane, don't delay and wait for someone else, hit the fucking thing into the back of their bet. Let's get the win and another vital 3 points here second half
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Mane and Gini culpable for the goal. Indiscipline or understanding of their role in the formation. Mane came inside as he would in a 433. Giving Walker ample space. Gini then runs yo defend Walker as he would in a 433 but leaves the playmaker open. No line from the back four as well as perhaps they could have rushed up and Jesus off but maybe not.

Gini besides that had worked his socks off up and down the park. He has to carry the ball our and again come back and defend. If is hectic. Would have thought that Bobby and Jota as a 10 thus becoming a 3rd in the middle. But it is more a 442 and 424 and no link o the front. That is why we losing possession.

Think it can work but Bobby should be in the centre coming deep and Jota spinning in behind. Salah must go and torment Cancelo and Mane and Robbo must destroy Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    No noooo his workrate has been insane today, almost half as salah's and manes

Need bobby init
    Jota at 9 Salah rwf and Milner to rcm.

Think Shaq could be a later sub

This VAR has to change. The attacker will be looking to hit the first defender rather than finding one of his own players in the box.
    Coaches go on percentages in this day and age and thats what will happen.

Just give the ball to Sadio he is a monster

I fully understand the new handball rules, and expected it to be a penalty (as it was for Leicester earlier), but it’s complete and utter fucking shite.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Can understand calls for another in the centre. Milner or Keita to come in for Firmino and make the front three the Atalanta combo - could be an option.

Let's get at 'em anyway.