Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1821222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Manchester City v Liverpool (Match Thread)

My pleasure, sky.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    And Gomez was doing a star jump?. These handball rules are pathetic.
    He wasn't but the arm does make his cross section larger. Intent doesn't matter anymore iirc.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

What i find mostly ridiculous.The Var official most of the time refuse to over rule the on field referee. But sometimes they do. Like yesterday when Pawson was informed to look at the monitor.. He was always going to give the spot kick once the moron in the little room 100s of miles away asked him to view it.
    Pawson wasnt going to go OHHH i think your wrong.I was right.. They have no balls when it comes to making concrete decisive decisions.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Not sure what he could do. The rule is bonkers but the rule is the rule. It becomes handball with the new rule.

The problem arises in WHEN it is the geezer/gal back at Stockley park asks the ref to look. This is so wide open to interpretation and therefore even potential rigging.

The more you look and over examine incidents the more likelihood there is for a change. This is where a VAR operator can massively influence an outcome.

The rules a bit silly but Cancelos are wasnt away from the body, Gomez's was, am I alone in thinking that had Joe faced the ball face on his boy is wider and he blocks the cross ?
    Seems to me he turned away from the ball, made his body smaller but protected his face/balls.

The Suarez incident against united is going to be a regular occurrance for anyone clever enough to try it.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Arm

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    The Suarez incident against united is going to be a regular occurrance for anyone clever enough to try it.
    Suarez was/is a clown.. Last season i was watching bit of a Barca game and he appealed for a penalty against a goalkeeper in his own area for stopping a shot with his hands.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Suarez was/is a clown.. Last season i was watching bit of a Barca game and he appealed for a penalty against a goalkeeper in his own area for stopping a shot with his hands.
    Haha.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

So positives

We got a point at a ground we haven't got any in the 3 prior seasons, tempered by the fact we're now a much better side and the opposition aren't anywhere near their levels of superiority of those 3 seasons

The 442 set up, although presenting them with an equaliser and almost a winner and almost completely nullifying our own best attacking threats showed the rest of the league a set up to almost completely nullify UAE FC's ability to create chances, with the right organisation, so that point could potentially be worth several more points between us and them in other sides taking points from them

Negatives

Could easily have got all 3 points had we continued to attack

Playing Mane and Mo out of the positions that have made them 2 of THE most lethal forward in world football makes us toothless and in Mane's case seemed to affect/confuse his decision making as he passed up 2 great opportunities to put efforts on target when coming from deep he's take on without hesitation when playing in his usual position

The goal they scored came from a lack of organisation/machine like familiarity because of the formation change

The goal they scored also came from their tactic of drilling the ball into feet to connect a run for the forward to immediately touch it out of feet and away from a defender who was too tight exactly as they did in the second meeting last season so the fabled analysis team again failed to recognise and properly prepare/brief for something we should have been expecting, like with 'the midfield that doesn't work' v Villa
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I have very mixed feelings about the prospect of facing Atletico Madrid in the Champion's League again.

One the one hand, how satisfying beating them would be is an exciting prospect. On the other....well, speaks for itself really....