Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Atalanta II - (Champion's League group)

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Was worried about our midfield today but they were all excellent. First thing Millie did when he went into the middle was play Sadio in on goal, what a player.
    I have Millie at RB because Neco is nowhere near ready, when Phillips got an unexpected opportunity he had a brilliant game, because he kept it simple and communicated well, with some players I really do wonder what the fuck is going on with our coaching team, when you've seen Neco piss about trying to be a fancy Dan on the edge of our box and nearly getting robbed or getting robbed in pretty much eveyr game he's had an opportunity and think, "They'll sort him out, one of the coaches will tell him" then he does it again todsy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Was worried about our midfield today but they were all excellent. First thing Millie did when he went into the middle was play Sadio in on goal, what a player.
    Midfield were excellent, Gini was immense, took on Hendo's role, organised everyone in the press, took charge, he lacks in his passing from there from what Hendo gives us, but he orchestrated the press really well, he's my 2nd choice for No6 after Hendo. I was really please with all the communication from all the players today. It's never good having injuries, but it'd be worse if the crowds were in, as it is it's a good opportunity for players to get bedded in and organsied/drilled by the senior first team regulars what's required of them, because they can actually hear each other
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

With so many injuries already I would be very cautious with those who have either played a lot minutes, are carrying niggles or are made of biscuits.

Alisson
    N Williams Matip R Williams Tsimikas
    Jones Milner Minamino
    Shaq Origi Jota

I'd swap Matip for Fabinho at half time

Adrian Robertson Fabinho Clarkson Wijnaldum Mane Firmino

I kinda agree BUT worry that by spreading ourselves thin the defence in each half - the risk of muscle injury is heightened. Could see both Matip & and Fab covering more ground to compensate over a 45 minute period than is ideal.

I'd start the same 11 as v Leicester.

Guessing Keita is out, but I'd go with the strongest 11, get the win and 12/12 points then 2 games left for the kids etc.

Very hard to call this one, who can play twice a week, who is coming back from injury.
    As we are very close to already qualifying and it's at anfield I would put Tsimikas in for Robbo, seeing as we have a manic december and he almost did his hamstring playing for scotland.
    Next weeks league game is more important than this game in my opinion So try to rest Milner, and maybe even Matip. Don't know if Rhys Williams is fit yet. Maybe try out Fab alongside Billy the kid.
    Surely Thiago has got to come in now. Him and Henderson and Curtis Jones would be a tasty midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    With so many injuries already I would be very cautious with those who have either played a lot minutes, are carrying niggles or are made of biscuits.
    Massive dilemma for sure.

The crux of the issue really comes down to the "when" of resting players. If we can sink Atalanta we are qualified from our group, which would give us TWO European games where we can play very heavily rotated sides. Some may be tempted by fielding "50/50" teams in the remaining 3 European games with a view to hoping we would win one of them, but for me I'd play as strong a side as we realistically can (though I might not okay Matip due to injury record) so we can get the job done and "buy" rotation chances further down the line.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Any chance we just throw out the U12s?

We'll manage to beat the Danes, so we should be good to win the group anyway.

Not sure it's the right time to do this now, but it might be necessary...
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Any chance we just throw out the U12s?

We'll manage to beat the Danes, so we should be good to win the group anyway.

Not sure it's the right time to do this now, but it might be necessary...
    The U21's? Maybe. The U12's? I think that's going a bit too far.

Thought Curtis Jones played a much more mature and developed game yesterday, ran out of steam a bit in the last 10 but that’s not surprising under the circumstances. Much better effort by him all round and still more to come.