Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We have been very unlucky regarding injuries at the back, but when they are all fit, there are 5 options in that position. You can't blame the club for not signing anyone in the summer. Hindsight's a wonderful thing. People blame the international breaks when someone gets injured away from club duty, but Fabinho was injured in the CL, and Van Dijk in the derby. They can happen at any time in any competition.
    But that's the thing. Only VVD out of the CB wasn't injury prone. Both Gomez and Matip are. Fab was injured for a decent spell last season too. Shaq, Ox, Hendo, Keita are all prone to injury. Even Ali in goals.

My point is around why injuries occur. I disagree with Steveo on his view but agree that we lack depth because the depth comes from players who are regularly injured.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    All I would say is that we've known that our defence is reliant a lot on VVD. We should have looked to bring in some cover especially once we let Lovren go. We are reliant on 2 injury prone CB's and a midfielder for cover.
    This is probably a shorter and more succinct version of my down in the dumps account.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    You can't compare cars to humans.

I recognize that the break was for all players. I don't see how that makes a difference? The season came back with approximately 2 to 3 games per week - and then we went into another short break.

I guess this comes down to how bodies recuperate and heal. I'm not saying it isn't a factor - all I'm saying is that I only think it's a factor for Trent and maybe Robbo.
    Possibly - no way to really tell. but some of these guys have put their bodies through an awful lot these last few seasons. Klopp demands such intensity from players.. Perhaps a pointer to the lack of fellow Germans willing to come and play for him..?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...of-squad-depth
    Last edited by Steveo; 16th November 2020 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Possibly - no way to really tell. but some of these guys have put their bodies through an awful lot these last few seasons. Klopp demands such intensity from players.. Perhaps a pointer to the lack of fellow Germans willing to come and play for him..?
    Yeah but them Germans are known to be a bit lazy tbh......

I did try and pull together a comparison of appearances for the last 3 seasons but can't get a succinct list that includes Europe and Cup games. So booted it off. Doesn't really matter in the end. It's all fucking Pickfords fault
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

I'm pretty sure someone will come in next window. If not, then he must be putting his faith and trust in Williams and Philips, see how either gets on playing a run of games, rather than one every so often.
    May not be the worst thing.

We're good enough to get Top Four and possibly even the Title without Gomez and Van Dijk, so if those players were used and we were able to get a little cash for them, it would benefit us long-term in terms of bolstering the squad in future, ideally with a robust player or two.

Big fan of the likes of Ox, Keita, Matip, Shaqiri but you'd much rather have two "Milners" or two "Ginis" (rarely injured, may not be 10/10 all the time but almost always 7 or 8/10) than 4 players that often aren't available and/or blow hot and cold.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

RedNoodle

Insidious Skyebo Miller Justme

Nineteenx

CCTV Steveo

Balinkay Kev Ianlfc

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    May not be the worst thing.

We're good enough to get Top Four and possibly even the Title without Gomez and Van Dijk, so if those players were used and we were able to get a little cash for them, it would benefit us long-term in terms of bolstering the squad in future, ideally with a robust player or two.

Big fan of the likes of Ox, Keita, Matip, Shaqiri but you'd much rather have two "Milners" or two "Ginis" (rarely injured, may not be 10/10 all the time but almost always 7 or 8/10) than 4 players that often aren't available and/or blow hot and cold.
    The good thing is, we are still up there despite all the injuries. It's still between us and Man city even though other teams are there or thereabouts at the moment. Very early days.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    RedNoodle

Insidious Skyebo Miller Justme

Nineteenx

CCTV Steveo

Balinkay Kev Ianlfc
    Haha. If you want a clean sheet don't include me lol
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Haha. If you want a clean sheet don't include me lol
    If in doubt, just boot the ball into row Z.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    If in doubt, just boot the ball into row Z.
    lol