Page 1 of 15 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Leicester

Your team v Leicester

So apparently I'm an idiot, which 60% of the time is right every time.

Anyway - Leicester is before Atalanta. Ironic that my friend and I call a mistake an "oh Brendan" - a 4-0 would be nice here.

..........................Alisson

Milner........Matip........Gomez......Robertson

........................Henderson

.............Shaqiri................Wijnaldum

....Salah...........Jota...........Mane

City play Spurs in the other fixture if memory serves, so a victory here would be particularly useful.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Alisson

Trent Matip Gomez Robertson

Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum

Salah Firmino/Jota Mane

Hopefully it's a minor tweak and Trent's back, but Jurgen won't take any unnecessary risks which is exactly as it should be, in which case Millie at RB all day long

Torn on Jota and Bobby, I thought in our 433 with Jota operating as the more attacking mid from RCM in our game v UAE FC Bobby linked play very well, held the ball up and released players for transitions through attempted tight presses, which is what we face a lot more of v other good sides, against sides that simply play 4 or 5 at the back and 5 or 4 in midfield and congest those areas Bobby has been largely ineffectual this season, he hasn't however had the opportunity of playing in such games with Hendo, Gini and Thiago in midfield in such games.

For the games in which teams look to flood midfield and Bobby is crowded out and rendered ineffectual I think that might very well change with Thiago in the team, Firstly, Bobby's runs deeper than Mo and Mane will almost certainly open up the kind of gaps that Thiago has made a career of threading balls through taking 4 or 5 opposition players out of the game, Jota's excellent movement is a little different to Bobby's because of how we've used Bobby in our 433 for so long and could have the same effect.

I do feel Bobby is more of a forward who will drop off and make a movement to be available for a short ball from Thiago, moving one or two opposition midfielders, giving it straight back to Thiago to instantly play another pass releasing either other forward or either full back.

We need Thiago to have a run of games with Hendo and Gini to see how it all works out in my opinion

Given Jota's incredible start and Bobby's longevity of incredible selfless contribution, I think maybe Bobby should start and be given the opportunity with Thiago, Hendo and Gini in our midfield 3, given Jota's excellent start, I think having such a player to bring from the bench who has already scored huge goals from the bench and scored heavily in his first few appearances will have a positive affect for us on teams trying to cling on for dear life in unsettling and unnerving them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

This is shaping up to be one of those matches where a hard-fought win with a depleted squad could act as a whetstone to our skilfully attuned psychological blade.

Keeping pace at the top with this one and getting a good result against Atalanta opens doors for much-needed rest/rotation. Just get it done lads.

Whose available for the game at present?

Alisson
    Williams N
    Matip
    Philips
    Robertson
    Henderson
    Thiago
    Wijnaldum
    Shaqiri
    Firmino
    Mane

Adrian Milner Williams R Jones Minamino
    Origi Diogo
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Whose available for the game at present?
    I would ideally say "check the Covid/Injury thread" but it has had a bit of a drunken wobble and is throwing up in the Nightclub toilets.

At least it isn't the Covid thread - that's 197 pages of being paraletic up behind the Nightclub bins having had a bottle of Vodka every day for 3 weeks

If Robbo is injured could we have the Greek fella and Milner as our full backs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I would ideally say "check the Covid/Injury thread" but it has had a bit of a drunken wobble and is throwing up in the Nightclub toilets.

At least it isn't the Covid thread - that's 197 pages of being paraletic up behind the Nightclub bins having had a bottle of Vodka every day for 3 weeks
    Well if the lads give a half-arsed drunken performance v Leicester we can say you led by example.
    A snappy v Thread would have curated all the relative info, pondered the permutations and given a shot of optimism for the various selections and formations.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If Robbo is injured could we have the Greek fella and Milner as our full backs ?
    Could well see it, he might start Williams imo.

What is the news from the Brasil squad,? one of them tested positive. I think another spell out for Alison would be the worst of all possible worlds for us at te moment.

Looks like we'll be doing well to put out a 5-aside team at this rate!

Allison
    Williams - Matip - Phillips - Tsimikis
    Mane - Wij - Henderson - Shaqiri
    Jota - Firmino
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side