Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gomez Injured!!!

Can Jamie Carragher play? register as free agent?

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    (i could be wrong) but i believe we let our main Physio go in the summer and we got 1 in from Arsenal. We know the amount of injuries Arsenal suffered.. Maybe we have changed slightly in our training.. Would explain the injuries (apart from VVD). Guess we got a cheaper physio in and let one go.

We kept Philips because we couldnt sell him. Otherwise he would have left as well. Its evident now that we should have got another defender in with quality in the summer. we were left with 3 main ones as it was..
    We now have the Physio from Arsenal??? ?Shut the F@#@ Up?? ?
    I really thought we were over making ridiculous appointments like that????? ..

.I suppose its no Coincidence that Oxo Cube has disappeared???...

To be fair Gomez was injured on England duty...but still!!!.
    Last edited by shminkyred; 12th November 2020 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Looks like we 100% need a starter CB now going forward also.

Any hopes of gomez being a beast is slowly fading sadly, if only he didn't have these injury's

He took a long time to get back into it after the last one which wasn't that long from what I can recall, long enough like but was back under 2 months I think?

Horrible to say but it's the truth it's not just the physical effects in the long-term it's also the mental effects
    Agree fully with your first part. No messing about with someone who's unproven. Just ho and buy someone who we know can do the job now.
    I'll get laughed at for this but I think Dunk from BHA would be a very good signing. Not a flashy glamour signing but hes nails and is very good. He can also poke a players eyes out with his nose which is an added bonus.

I get what you mean about Gomez, the difference is he couldn't get a better manager and team around him to get him though this and back to his best.
    I'm sure he'll be fine. The initial disappointment will be huge but he will get through it.

Dunk is a good player as is Tarkowski. Two teams fighting against relegation will not want to lose their best defender halfway through the season though and they will want an extortionate amount of money. For this reason I think we'll really struggle to bring in someone of the required quality.

A couple of stop gap options would be Jerome Boateng or Javi Martinez of Bayern as both of their contracts expire in June. Klopp doesn't seem to do these types of signings though

Martinez is still a top class player. Boateng too actually. Theres plenty of options it's just going to cost lots of money to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    A couple of stop gap options would be Jerome Boateng or Javi Martinez of Bayern as both of their contracts expire in June. Klopp doesn't seem to do these types of signings though
    Caulker is the man !

Just get Kalidou Koulibaly and be done with it. There's no guarantee that Virgil or Joe will come back and be the same standard of player ever again.
    Buy once, buy well FSG....
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Just get Kalidou Koulibaly and be done with it. There's no guarantee that Virgil or Joe will come back and be the same standard of player ever again.
    Buy once, buy well FSG....
    bit old for FSG, probably looking for a younger CB

I'll send Linda a couple of willy pics. That'll close the deal.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!