Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gomez Injured!!!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Southgate:

“What was upsetting was to see he was in a fair bit of pain. There was nobody around him when the injury happened. I didn't like that element of it.”

That doesn't sound very promising at all.
    I'm blaming Sterling and his phat arse.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    (i could be wrong) but i believe we let our main Physio go in the summer and we got 1 in from Arsenal. We know the amount of injuries Arsenal suffered.. Maybe we have changed slightly in our training.. Would explain the injuries (apart from VVD). Guess we got a cheaper physio in and let one go.

We kept Philips because we couldnt sell him. Otherwise he would have left as well. Its evident now that we should have got another defender in with quality in the summer. we were left with 3 main ones as it was..
    A cheaper physio and no real intent to increase the size and quality of our squad (especially in key positions such as at CB), despite being the current PL, and 2019 CL and WCC champions, all whilst making record revenue and signing one of, if not potentially the most lucrative football sponsorship deals in history.

Many are expecting FSG to put their hands in their (sorry our) pockets, but I would advise such people not to hold their breath. We need two, not one new, quality CB's, never mind that other areas still need 'beefing up'. I would not be in the least bit surprised if 'we' buy nobody in January, and if we do, it will be players who can be had for 'peanuts'. Expect this to be even more likely if we/Klopp somehow manage to keep grinding out results between now and then.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 11th November 2020 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I miss Kyrgiakos.
    Ha ha ha, I remember reading the fake tweets from Lucas Leiva years ago where Kyrgiakos featured heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    KEV, Gomez had his leg broken last time.. It wasnt a knee injury. but dont let facts get in the way..
    Wasn't a proper break actually or Am I wrong? longest time he was out was due to a knee injury.

He never really picks up "knocks" always long term stuff.

eitherway soon as you hear knee injury, that's pretty scary, especially if it's the same knee
    Last edited by Kev0909; 11th November 2020 at 09:36 PM.

And the end of the day its justv2 first choice cbs injured. No one to blame but ourselves that its left us in this state. Especially given the history of our cbs with injury gomez and Matip.

According to Simon Brundish on Twitter:

Joe Gomez has 12 International caps and 3 international injuries leading to >100 Liverpool games missed

Klopp said: "We have other options like [Jordan] Henderson, or Gini [Wijnaldum] or James [Milner], or Robbo, he can play centre-half as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Ha ha ha, I remember reading the fake tweets from Lucas Leiva years ago where Kyrgiakos featured heavily.
    I have them bookmarked for such occasions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/1xpgm0/memory_lane_fake_lucas_leiva_twitter_account/
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post

Joe Gomez has 12 International caps and 3 international injuries leading to >100 Liverpool games missed

Klopp said: "We have other options like [Jordan] Henderson, or Gini [Wijnaldum] or James [Milner], or Robbo, he can play centre-half as well.
    True can play robertson on the left side of CB I guess, not ideal but gives the greek lad a run in the team.

I wouldnt want to change Robbo from left back. hes been superb this season so far..
    Hopefully Matip and Philips can do a good enough job for a while.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post

Shaqiri has a leap on him too..