Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Gomez Injured!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Shaqiri has a leap on him too..
    Yeah we are actually pretty stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I wouldnt want to change Robbo from left back. hes been superb this season so far..
    Hopefully Matip and Philips can do a good enough job for a while.
    Neither would I hence "not ideal" but needs must if it comes to that.

Maybe matip will actually stay fit, who knows

But only just back from injury, a lot of games coming up, spells disaster to me, and people are getting carried away with phillips/williams done nothing wrong yet but let's not make them out to be better than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Shaqiri has a leap on him too..
    Didn’t he start his career as a left back or is that just internet bollocks.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Apparently, it's a patelia tendon injury - which is supposedly worse than a break. Looking at 12months out
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

You can't make this shite up.

He's already had an ACL and two ankle surgeries. Getting this many injuries over an entire career would be enough to be called a sicknote.

The boy's 23. Fuck me.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Apparently, it's a patelia tendon injury - which is supposedly worse than a break. Looking at 12months out
    That is tragic news, gutted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    According to Simon Brundish on Twitter:

Joe Gomez has 12 International caps and 3 international injuries leading to >100 Liverpool games missed

Klopp said: "We have other options like [Jordan] Henderson, or Gini [Wijnaldum] or James [Milner], or Robbo, he can play centre-half as well.
    Checked Gomez injuries on TM, his first 1 for was for Southgate on under-21 duty, so all 3 under Gareth.

To lose one defender ( best by a country mile ) for the season is bad enough, to lose two more for a lengthy spell is more than unlucky. Not only that, the one we're left with, you can't rely on staying fit. It looks like Philips and Williams will be getting more games than we all thought they would.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    To lose one defender ( best by a country mile ) for the season is bad enough, to lose two more for a lengthy spell is more than unlucky. Not only that, the one we're left with, you can't rely on staying fit. It looks like Philips and Williams will be getting more games than we all thought they would.
    Looks like we 100% need a starter CB now going forward also.

Any hopes of gomez being a beast is slowly fading sadly, if only he didn't have these injury's

He took a long time to get back into it after the last one which wasn't that long from what I can recall, long enough like but was back under 2 months I think?

Horrible to say but it's the truth it's not just the physical effects in the long-term it's also the mental effects
    Last edited by Kev0909; 12th November 2020 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Looks like we 100% need a starter CB now going forward also.

Any hopes of gomez being a beast is slowly fading sadly, if only he didn't have these injury's

He took a long time to get back into it after the last one which wasn't that long from what I can recall, long enough like but was back under 2 months I think?

Horrible to say but it's the truth it's not just the physical effects in the long-term it's also the mental effects
    Agree with that.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.