Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Euros thread

And Spain finally make it 5.

This is the most one sided international I have ever seen between 2 heavyweights. Far worse tha. The Germany Brazil game. Spain nigh on 70% possession - 21 shots 9 on target v - 1 shot from Germany 0 on target.

And I am deadly serious - this should be 8 or 9 nil.

6:0 and the rest of Europe will take notice of this. Spain look like a team that could rip anyone to pieces.

Don't worry, Germany.

It happens to the best of us..

One day you're bolloxing Brazil 7-1 at their home barn.
    And the next, you're getting your clock cleaned by Spain 6-0.

The only (true) negative about this result is that it's going to increase pressure and calls from Germany for Low to step down or be replaced, and per Lothar Matheus, there's only one name for whom they think should be the perfect replacement.

I don't need to tell you all who that is.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Yep - Tuchel is a shoo-in.

@CD That would be supremely shite. But could you blame him if he went? Imagine him winning a WC and/or EC with them?

Though I think it's a bit early. I think he's likely to get the job whenever he wants it.

@Steveo - woulnd't be a bad shout I guess. He's not going to do anything with PSG it seems and none of the other big boys will want him - his stock doesn't seem to be super high atm, considering his failures with Oil FC.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    @CD That would be supremely shite. But could you blame him if he went? Imagine him winning a WC and/or EC with them?

Though I think it's a bit early. I think he's likely to get the job whenever he wants it.

@Steveo - woulnd't be a bad shout I guess. He's not going to do anything with PSG it seems and none of the other big boys will want him - his stock doesn't seem to be super high atm, considering his failures with Oil FC.
    He's going to eventually be the German National team Manager.
    Of that I have no doubt.

I was just hoping it will be after a long club career with us (after another contract extension) and he has nothing else left to win* or accomplish at club level and only has one more notch to check off his belt for his career.

In which case, I will wish him all the best and thank him for all the (hopefully many many many ) trophies and titles.

That's why I'm invested in Germany doing well at the moment,
    ..... and for the foreseeable future (.....until around 5 or so years after 2024)

*(Unfortunately the flip de of tat success is that if he continues winning things with us, it's not going to make it any easier and will only increase the pressure and the calls from Bayern and from the German Federation)
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 17th November 2020 at 10:53 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

If he continues winning with us, there'll be nothing Bayern can offer him that we can't in a footballing sense, except maybe an easier ride. Though that is a powerful motivator.

Not to mention that it's his homeland. And Munich is quite a nice city.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    If he continues winning with us, there'll be nothing Bayern can offer him that we can't in a footballing sense, except maybe an easier ride. Though that is a powerful motivator.

Not to mention that it's his homeland. And Munich is quite a nice city.
    Rummenigge has made some lusty comments about wanting him to go manage their lot before. Said he likes the style of football that Klopp brought to Liverpool and it would look nice at the Allianz.

Flick winning them the Champions' League last season shut them up for a bit, but if we were to beat them in a head-to-head or if we were able to win the CL back again (or correspondingly if the wheels fell off the Flick train), I have no doubt that we'd be hearing those noises again.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Oh yeah, defo. They've been drooling over him for years. Not the only ones I'd imagine, they're just arrogant enough to be overt about it.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I'm a celebrity is a better watch than International football.