Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Euros thread

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I don't know about that but keys said 28 degrees is lovely weather to play football in !!
    Yeah, if you're on a beach having a kick about with a load of your mates, with an ample supply of ice cold beverages close to hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I mean... that's what they're paid to do so it wouldn't surprise me.

Is there a definitive number on the death toll for the stadiums? There were rumours of it being high. Guess we'll never know the scale of the doubtlessly exorbitant bribes involved, but at least the human life cost might one day come to light.
    I would imagine health and safety during construction was probably like the build of the Titanic in Belfast in the early 1900's !!

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Yeah, if you're on a beach having a kick about with a load of your mates, with an ample supply of ice cold beverages close to hand.
    Ah, mate I just had a flashback of my summer holiday in Mexico a couple of years ago, with that image.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I mean... that's what they're paid to do so it wouldn't surprise me.

Is there a definitive number on the death toll for the stadiums? There were rumours of it being high. Guess we'll never know the scale of the doubtlessly exorbitant bribes involved, but at least the human life cost might one day come to light.
    It doesn't surprise me, but along with all other such examples of principles/morality being for sale, it always disappoints me.

In terms of the number of deaths that could be linked to the building of stadiums, whatever the figure that is reported, I'd say you can probably double it at the least and be a lot closer to the actual figure.

It's only 86, they've probably played many games over here in similar temperatures, especially in August.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Ah, mate I just had a flashback of my summer holiday in Mexico a couple of years ago, with that image.
    Nice.

I'll just have to imagine what it's like to have a holiday, or even mates.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Nice.

I'll just have to imagine what it's like to have a holiday, or even mates.
    TBF playing football on a beach wasn't good for a 45 year old man's back !!