Click here for Liverpool FC personalised gift shop

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Euros thread

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crime City
    Posts
    29,389
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I don't know about that but keys said 28 degrees is lovely weather to play football in !!
    Yeah, if you're on a beach having a kick about with a load of your mates, with an ample supply of ice cold beverages close to hand.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    12,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I mean... that's what they're paid to do so it wouldn't surprise me.

    Is there a definitive number on the death toll for the stadiums? There were rumours of it being high. Guess we'll never know the scale of the doubtlessly exorbitant bribes involved, but at least the human life cost might one day come to light.
    I would imagine health and safety during construction was probably like the build of the Titanic in Belfast in the early 1900's !!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    12,689
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Yeah, if you're on a beach having a kick about with a load of your mates, with an ample supply of ice cold beverages close to hand.
    Ah, mate I just had a flashback of my summer holiday in Mexico a couple of years ago, with that image.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crime City
    Posts
    29,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I mean... that's what they're paid to do so it wouldn't surprise me.

    Is there a definitive number on the death toll for the stadiums? There were rumours of it being high. Guess we'll never know the scale of the doubtlessly exorbitant bribes involved, but at least the human life cost might one day come to light.
    It doesn't surprise me, but along with all other such examples of principles/morality being for sale, it always disappoints me.

    In terms of the number of deaths that could be linked to the building of stadiums, whatever the figure that is reported, I'd say you can probably double it at the least and be a lot closer to the actual figure.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    10,472
    It's only 86, they've probably played many games over here in similar temperatures, especially in August.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Crime City
    Posts
    29,389
    Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Ah, mate I just had a flashback of my summer holiday in Mexico a couple of years ago, with that image.
    Nice.

    I'll just have to imagine what it's like to have a holiday, or even mates.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    belfast
    Posts
    12,689
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Nice.

    I'll just have to imagine what it's like to have a holiday, or even mates.
    TBF playing football on a beach wasn't good for a 45 year old man's back !!

Similar Threads

  1. England team/squad for the Euros
    By Nineteenx in forum Football Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17th March 2020, 09:11 PM
  2. Music thread
    By Balinkay in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 27th December 2019, 09:33 AM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •