Page 12 of 170 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718192262112 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Surely not....

Real Madrid's priority is to sign 21-year-old Paris St-Germain and France forward Kylian Mbappe in 2021 before trying to bring in Norway striker Erling Braut Haaland, 20, from Borussia Dortmund in 2022. (AS)

Both???
    Why not ?

2 cracking goalscorers with years ahead of them. Haaland an out and out 9 and Mbappe can play anywhere across the front line.

Mbappe out of contract in 2022 and keen to move by reports, Haaland has a buyout clause that becomes active in 2022 by reports 82 million dollars.

Could sign both for less than 200 million, which in today's market is cracking value imo.

It's what you can do when you're effectively bankrolled by the state, and are allowed to bend/break/circumnavigate the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Could sign both for less than 200 million, which in today's market is cracking value imo.
    Absolutely.

Could have them on your books doing great things for about 6 years or so, then choose to sell one at age 26-28 for big money when they still have a few years left in them to fund whoever the next big talent is.

Would have to see them there as there is very little to like about Real Madrid, but you can certainly see the sense in it for them - they'd have more goals in their attacking line-up than anyone in La Liga and the vast majority of Europe, making them very competitive in the two Competitions they care about most.

I'd love if we could bring one of them or Sancho here, but I trust Edwards etc. to find another Salah/Mane/Jota to be fair.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Marco Kana (18-year old centre-back, Anderlecht) has said Liverpool would be his dream move. Actually quoted, not a journalist putting words in his mouth.

Normally I'd say "that's nice" and barely bat an eyelid as I know absolutely nothing about the guy besides being described as "the next Kompany" - and needless to say any player described as "the next" anyone is often doomed - but given that Southampton are linked with buying him and typically are quite shrewd in the Market, I'm wondering if we should perhaps go for him and cut out the middle-man, rather than buy him in a few years with a massive mark-up?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Marco Kana (18-year old centre-back, Anderlecht) has said Liverpool would be his dream move. Actually quoted, not a journalist putting words in his mouth.

Normally I'd say "that's nice" and barely bat an eyelid as I know absolutely nothing about the guy besides being described as "the next Kompany" - and needless to say any player described as "the next" anyone is often doomed - but given that Southampton are linked with buying him and typically are quite shrewd in the Market, I'm wondering if we should perhaps go for him and cut out the middle-man, rather than buy him in a few years with a massive mark-up?
    The safest thing to do would be buy him and Ian him to Southampton! Everyone's a winner!

Surely not as in, whoever is approached after the other has already signed would think twice about going.
    For example if they signed Mbappe, Haaland might well think he’s not going to be the main man and they may well not play the two together.
    If I was Haaland I wouldn’t go there if Zidane was still in charge and he’d just signed Mbappe.

Whereas, Haaland would win everything at Anfield and be the CF, every week.

Apparently we are after a pair of shoes.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Apparently we are after a pair of shoes.
    Probably a not too battered, or too hideous looking pair of no name trainers found in the bargain bin of a local 'Shoe Zone'.

Not for January but no doubt Europe’s big hitters will be watching how this develops

“Barca have had to negotiate pay cuts with their players to the tune of £110m while for Atletico the pandemic has made a tough situation even more precarious, the club finding themselves in £895m of debt and with the highest paid manager in world football in Diego Simeone.
    The latest set of accounts, as reported by Goal, did show the La Liga side turned a £1.6m profit in the most recent financial year, but debt ballooned by another £17m, their turnover falling by £28.7m.”

They do have one or two prize assets that could be of interest, Jao Felix for a start.

Jesus H. Christ - one BILLION Euro in debt?!?!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non