Page 6 of 170 FirstFirst 123456789101112131656106 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

2 cb's Schuurs and one other, maybe the Shalke lad
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We won't sign 2, people are going mad in the head with this corona thing.. more chance of signing 2 CBS than son/kane/ramos mind, I'd never want ramos anywhere near are team after what that cunt did can't believe it was even mentioned, top class cunt not in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yeah, might be him.

I mean as a stop-gap for six months... how bad could he possibly be?
    Think back to Mauricio Pellegrino 2005. Probably as bad as that.

Don’t know why there’s such an air of negativity surrounding us going into the transfer market. We have been absolutely spot on at bringing players in since Klopp came in. Karius has been the only mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Don’t know why there’s such an air of negativity surrounding us going into the transfer market. We have been absolutely spot on at bringing players in since Klopp came in. Karius has been the only mistake.
    I guess Keita counts as a mistake too, as would Ox, if we're being picky. Have a sneaky suspicion the same will be said about Taki, provided we don't sell him on for a good fee (though the jury is still out on him).

But you are right - we should be more confident in Micky Edwards. Seems to know his stuff.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Who's being negative??

all I can see is people saying very unrealistic targets and signings we'd never make.

Anyone who's well known will cost us a ton, in January and when clubs know/think we're desperate

Nothing more i'd like is to sign a world class CB and haaland in jan for CB and summer for Haaland but it's not going to happen sadly, we don't have the money other clubs will pay unless salah/mane/firmino leaves, (one of them)
    Last edited by Kev0909; 22nd November 2020 at 12:22 PM.

Kev to be fair the likes of Ramos and Varane were only said in jest. The rest of them are all possible. Even Koulio is at this point in time.

Yep, saying Ramos Varane and Kane are not serious comments but there are several “we’ll probably end up with” comments intimating we won’t get what we need. I am saying just about every time we’ve gone into the market we have got exactly what we need.
    Mistakes have only been around injury records since coming to the club but on ability alone, they are all very talented footballers.

There was a piece on This is Anfield in September explaining why we couldn't just go out and buy Johnny Foreigner because of the homegrown rule.

We are allowed 17 non homegrown players in a 25 man squad:

We finally found a club for Karius and Grujic so that we could bring in Thiago and Jota

Allisson, Adrian
    Robertson, Tsmikas, van Dijk, Matip
    Thiago, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita,
    Firmino, Mane, Salah, Minamino, Origi, Shaqiri, Jota

Does this mean we will be selling Origi in January or converting him into a centre back?

Or going for Ben White, Ethan Ampadu or Ezri Konsa who count as homegrown.

Yep, saying Ramos Varane and Kane are not serious comments but there are several “we’ll probably end up with” comments intimating we won’t get what we need. I am saying just about every time we’ve gone into the market we have got exactly what we need.
    Mistakes have only been around injury records since coming to the club but on ability alone, they are all very talented footballers.
    What do you mean Ramos,Varane and Kane aren't serious comments, stop being so bloody Kevative!!