Page 116 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1666106109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    exactly, in hindsight it's easy to say shouldn't of played him and i've said that a few times I admit.

but how did Klopp know he was going to get injured? was it his fault thiago got sliced up, like VVD did?

only real blame was when Milner played 3 games in a week and picked up a injury that's happened before but he's not counted as a "key player" I suppose.
    Agreed.
    It's just a shitter, isn't it? A real fucking shitter.
    Only consolation is that I think City will be more consistent than MU. I hope so anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by jamesugw View Post
    Agreed.
    It's just a shitter, isn't it? A real fucking shitter.
    Only consolation is that I think City will be more consistent than MU. I hope so anyway!
    They seem to be very solid, 13 goals conceded in this mad season is nothing to sniff at

Dias is making the same difference as VVD for us

Aguero hasn't been fit for most of it either, or corona'd they're still lacking a bit, imagine them with a fit top constantly good striker? now that's a bit scary..

Sorry but couldn't disagree more on Jota v the Danes. Absolutely mad as fook decision to play him - virtually ALL GAME too.. Same for Salah..in the dead rubber against a team he KNEW were overly physical..!...!

Our most potent weapon at that time - not because he is better than Bobby, Salah or Mane... but because at that moment in time he was on fire AND had played many games already in a new team at a new club. SO WHY WHY WHY play him 90 minutes in a meaningless game - in a completely alien setup to that which he was getting used to?

Will have to agree to disagree BUT I am certain Klopp is kicking himself daily over it

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Sorry but couldn't disagree more on Jota v the Danes. Absolutely mad as fook decision to play him - virtually ALL GAME too.. Same for Salah..in the dead rubber against a team he KNEW were overly physical..!...!

Our most potent weapon at that time - not because he is better than Bobby, Salah or Mane... but because at that moment in time he was on fire AND had played many games already in a new team at a new club. SO WHY WHY WHY play him 90 minutes in a meaningless game - in a completely alien setup to that which he was getting used to?

Will have to agree to disagree BUT I am certain Klopp is kicking himself daily over it
    Klopp was continually moaning about too many matches and not enough rest leading up to this. He knows he fucked up and hasn't mentioned this since

He was royally miffed in summer 2019 when he defended the club for "paying the bills' rather than enter the market. It was as subtle and nuanced a moan as it was possible to make without it seeping through to the existing squad.

I think this summer he wanted to keep hold of a few and bring in more - then when Virg got injured he lost it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Must have been two freak seasons then 97 and 99 points consecutively with a Champions League and World Club victory.
    The squad appears to have simply run out of steam physically and mentally, particularly mentally.
    The mistake both Klopp and FSG have made, is that the same group of players could go to the well yet again this season, without some major investment.

And by that I don’t mean spending £83m and recouping £53m as we did last summer. That’s lower half of the table investment, not stay on top of the Premier and Champions league pile.
    100% correct.
    Wether its one or both of them (I'd imagine its more FSG than Klopp) it was folly to expect the same for a third season. FSG were always going to do that, its been plain obvious.
    Strike while the iron is hot not when its gone cold.

Decent value

“West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, 22, could be available for about £50m in the summer and that could see Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United battling it out for the England international's signature. (90 Min)”

Know nothing about him...

“Liverpool and Manchester United are monitoring Bayern Munich midfielder Jamal Musiala. The 17-year-old's contract talks at Bayern Munich are said to have stalled. (Express)”

Know nothing about him...

“Liverpool and Manchester United are monitoring Bayern Munich midfielder Jamal Musiala. The 17-year-old's contract talks at Bayern Munich are said to have stalled. (Express)”
    He's looking £100k a week at 17.

No thanks.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Decent value

“West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, 22, could be available for about £50m in the summer and that could see Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United battling it out for the England international's signature. (90 Min)”
    Is he actually that good though?

Doubt the top clubs would go for him if he wasn't english

maybe the next henderson? who knows.