Page 104 of 170 FirstFirst ... 45494979899100101102103104105106107108109110111114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Good! and good!
    I agree.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I can see the authorities scrapping the January window and just having the summer one after looking at FSG's approach to transfers. Nothing much happens with us when it comes to transfers (especially those made in January) anyway, compared to virtually every other 'big' team, and even a fair number of 'smaller' teams. hence why we are the FOURTEENTH highest spenders in the PL over the last five years. It's not just this year where it looks like we're not going to bring anyone in during the January window, but virtually every one since FSG took us over, and certainly since Klopp has been in charge.
    Fixed for you.

Under the Klopp/FSG combo we have effectively bought a massive THREE players in the January windows, and brought an absolutely humongous ONE player in the last FIVE years.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Fixed for you.

Under the Klopp/FSG combo we have effectively bought a massive THREE players in the January windows, and brought an absolutely humongous ONE player in the last FIVE years.
    As Ferguson once said “We do our business at the start of the season and go with that” you know a bloke who has won LOADS of trophies he might just know what he is on about.

How many of City United Chelsea Spurs Arsenal spend in Jan ??? I’m going to go out on a limb and say hardly ever.

The clubs who tend to buy are the dross at the bottom signing all rejects who have been hawked around Europe but evently settle for Big Sam at Sunderland/Palace etc.

We are linked by journos for the RB Leipzig defenders, they don’t need to sell and they absolutely will not sell whilst in the CL unless you offer daft money what moron is going to offer £60-70m now when that same player is available in 4 months for £38m?

Man Utd have lots of money too they kept bidding for Sancho but Dortmund dug their heels in and said £100m plus or stop bidding....you can fill in the rest.

'He' always had a strong squad and was allowed to refresh his team every season. We/Klopp have not done that/not been allowed to do that. If we had, we wouldn't now be having the serious issues/deficiencies that we are. He was allowed to spend record amounts on players season after season, we/Klopp are not.

Arsenal have won f-all of note in so long I can't actually remember when it was when they last won the league, never mind the CL. Chelsea have spent bucket loads on players and again have had very strong squads, never mind that they also had a transfer ban, and as for Man City. Are you serious?!?!?

Also I don't give a **** what other teams do, only what we are or are not doing, and currently we/FSG are not doing enough. We are the current PL champions and the 2019 CL and WCC champions, yet we have the FOURTEENTH highest net spend in the PL over the last five years, resulting in a squad that is seriously deficient when it comes to strength in depth, and why when any of our first XI ae missing (never mind more than one) or a few players are off form, we struggle badly, as we currently are.

In four months time we are currently looking like we'll no longer be the PL champions, and are very likely to have been dumped out of the CL after putting in another limp display where we haven't created/put away our chances, and have been punished by having to play at least one out and out midfielder at CB.

Again I don't care what Man U are doing, only what we are. Just because another club is taking a certain approach, it doesn't mean that is the right one for us or anyone else. The facts are that we are currently struggling badly, our bench is weak as ****, our defence has had to use TWO midfielders, our midfield is about as creative and potent as a glass of water in a polystyrene cup, and our forwards have at best been very inconsistent, and at worst seriously out of form.

'He' always had a strong squad and was allowed to refresh his team every season. We/Klopp have not done that/not been allowed to do that. If we had, we wouldn't now be having the serious issues/deficiencies that we are. He was allowed to spend record amounts on players season after season, we/Klopp are not.

Arsenal have won f-all of note in so long I can't actually remember when it was when they last won the league, never mind the CL. Chelsea have spent bucket loads on players and again have had very strong squads, never mind that they also had a transfer ban, and as for Man City. Are you serious?!?!?

Also I don't give a **** what other teams do, only what we are or are not doing, and currently we/FSG are not doing enough. We are the current PL champions and the 2019 CL and WCC champions, yet we have the FOURTEENTH highest net spend in the PL over the last five years, resulting in a squad that is seriously deficient when it comes to strength in depth, and why when any of our first XI ae missing (never mind more than one) or a few players are off form, we struggle badly, as we currently are.

In four months time we are currently looking like we'll no longer be the PL champions, and are very likely to have been dumped out of the CL after putting in another limp display where we haven't created/put away our chances, and have been punished by having to play at least one out and out midfielder at CB.

Again I don't care what Man U are doing, only what we are. Just because another club is taking a certain appr? oach, it doesn't mean that is the right one for us or anyone else. The facts are that we are currently struggling badly, our bench is weak as ****, our defence has had to use TWO midfielders, our midfield is about as creative and potent as a glass of water in a polystyrene cup, and our forwards have at best been very inconsistent, and at worst seriously out of form.
    How did you manage to do that on my post ? And we all know the mammoth signing should have been here 6 months earlier but it didn't happen, that's why he signed in january.
    Last edited by skyebo; 14th January 2021 at 10:38 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    How did you manage to do that on my post ?
    Eh? My 'fixing' of your post is two posts further up.

If you mean how did I actually alter your post, I just quoted your post and made the necessary alterations.

Eh? My 'fixing' of your post is two posts further up.

If you mean how did I actually alter your post, I just quoted your post and made the necessary alterations.
    Yes i meant the latter Noods, i didn't know it could be done.

Again I don't care what Man U are doing, only what we are. Just because another club is taking a certain approach, it doesn't mean that is the right one for us or anyone else. The facts are that we are currently struggling badly, our bench is weak as ****, our defence has had to use TWO midfielders, our midfield is about as creative and potent as a glass of water in a polystyrene cup, and our forwards have at best been very inconsistent, and at worst seriously out of form.
    Our squad when all are fit is as good if not better than most Man Utd teams under Ferguson our points totals over the last two seasons show that they got nowhere near 97-99 points.

My one disagreement I had at the start was selling Lovren I said it at the time when quite a few were saying good riddance he was a good defender and we could do with him now, all this talk of Fabinho is 4th choice doesn’t cut it with me he is a midfielder who on the off game can fill in if need be.

We won’t win the league and as soon as I saw BCD and shorter season it feels like City have the best chance with the squad they have.

I don’t know what it will take to get into your head we have lost over £100m so far due to Covid the real worry is if this is not sorted by September in terms of fans in the ground teams are again going to lose lots of money.

We have business people running us they have NEVER hid this to get what you want we need Arab money that’s a fact.

My point about City is they don’t sign anyone in Jan hardly ever even last season when they had CB issues it’s not as easy as you think it is.

We have spent over £100m on Thiago Ox and Keita hardly Klopp fault if he can’t use them to be fair.

As for the CL we have a chance as it is knockout stuff and if we get lucky with Matip being fit then not many will want to play us, but as you will know the CL is never easy to win ask City United and PSG.

We do not need 'Arab/oil money'. What we need is for our owners to start allowing the current best manager in the world to spend an amount commensurate with the status of both himself and the club he manages. Other clubs will spend money this window. They may not spend as much as they would have done, but they will spend some money/bring players in. I mean Ajax just spent £25m on Haller FFS. That is a record for both Ajax and the Eredivisie. If they can spend money, we sure as hell can.

Covid is providing yet another excuse for FSG to not spend much, if any money, but what about all the other years under them? What excuse(s) would you like to provide for us having the spent the fourteenth most out of PL clubs over the last five years, never mind where we'd stand on the list of European clubs?

Virtually all 'big' clubs could say that they have one of the best squads, if not actually the best if all their players were fit. The fact is however that very rarely, if ever does a team have a fully fit squad. That is one of the reasons why you try to have a sizeable squad, packed with as much quality as you can possibly get. We have a very good (but not perfect) first XI, but go past that and when it comes to certain areas/requirements, there is a sizeable-massive drop off in quality between the first XI and their backup. That has been an issue for us for a very long time. It's the main reason why we have only been able to compete on two fronts at very best, and why we are struggling with at least one, possibly both of those this season, and why we may end up falling well short in both.

You yourself say that Man City have the best chance of winning the league because of the squad they have. You saying that given how you try to justify FSG being tight as **** just shows that what I say is correct and that it's something that needs/needed to be rectified asap.

Mentioning what we have spent on three carefully selected players is a tad disingenuous. We have a net spend under Klopp of LESS than £20m per season. That is absolutely pathetic.

If you are pinning your hopes on Matip being fit, you are very likely to be seriously and repeatedly disappointed.

We’ll agree to disagree.

Ajax is a poor example they have sold LOADS of players over the last few years and some for big fees so they do have some cash.

We aren’t competing with Man City financially and their creative accounting allegedly, you can say we are tight but you are asking one man to go toe to toe with a countries wealth as that is the reality.

I am mentioning 3 creative midfielders we have now what else do you want me to say ...Fabinho cost close to £40m too.