Page 112 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1262102105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Did they? That's giní gone so even though the manager wants him tied down. Support the manager with what he wants. Success rarely follow sif you don't.

With salah coming out and saying I want to stay, it's in the clubs hands, its almost a thinly veils threat, give me the money or else. Or am I reading into it too much?
    Yes apparently they did. How you interpreted what Salah said is exactly what it often means. I would not be in the least bit surprised if both of those players ended up leaving/being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Did they? That's giní gone so even though the manager wants him tied down. Support the manager with what he wants. Success rarely follow sif you don't.

With salah coming out and saying I want to stay, it's in the clubs hands, its almost a thinly veils threat, give me the money or else. Or am I reading into it too much?
    Gini has been offered a new deal though that is common knowledge.

It has been stated by all our close media connections Joyce Reddy Pearce it is length of the contract not money.

Gini is a good pro so he wont down tools he is a leader in our dressing room and Hollands.

IMO he has made up his mind he wants to play for Barcelona so im not sure what we can do.

He might be holding on to see what happens to Koeman that is possibly the only thing holding the deal up as he can sign for them now if he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Gini has been offered a new deal though that is common knowledge.

It has been stated by all our close media connections Joyce Reddy Pearce it is length of the contract not money.

Gini is a good pro so he wont down tools he is a leader in our dressing room and Hollands.

IMO he has made up his mind he wants to play for Barcelona so im not sure what we can do.

He might be holding on to see what happens to Koeman that is possibly the only thing holding the deal up as he can sign for them now if he wants to.
    Offer him the longer the contract. If we really want to keep him (as it seems klopp does) and force his hand. If he doesn't sign it, then withdraw and say good luck.
    If the money men are refusing to give the extra year? and we lose him it may cost us in the long run. Also klopp may be pissed.
    I don't think he will down tools either but we need to be careful. This is a player that is an ever present and very rarely injured. People have different opionins on him but he is an important member of the squad.

He apparently wants a 4 year deal at 30 years of age I can see why we wont offer that.

If his legs go or he is in decline in 18-24 months time we have an Ozil on our hands we will struggle shift.

Then in 2023 people will say he is deadwood get rid....its not that simple.

I like him and I want him to stay and I think 3 years is fair for someone his age but im of the opinion his heart is set on Barca.

He apparently wants a 4 year deal at 30 years of age I can see why we wont offer that.

If his legs go or he is in decline in 18-24 months time we have an Ozil on our hands we will struggle shift.

Then in 2023 people will say he is deadwood get rid....its not that simple.

I like him and I want him to stay and I think 3 years is fair for someone his age but im of the opinion his heart is set on Barca.
    The deadwood are here already Matip OX Keita Gomez Shaqiri. Maybe the club could pay for them to go to Lourdes to get a miracle cure. Before they flatly refuse to give Wijnaldum the extra year contract, they should consider how much they are paying those players in wages, and what they offer to the team, which is very little compared to Wijnaldum.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    The deadwood are here already Matip OX Keita Gomez Shaqiri. Maybe the club could pay for them to go to Lourdes to get a miracle cure. Before they flatly refuse to give Wijnaldum the extra year contract, they should consider how much they are paying those players in wages, and what they offer to the team, which is very little compared to Wijnaldum.
    Thats my point they are 2021 deadwood not easy to shift.

Gomez is a harsh one he has had a ACL and PCL so not sure I include him.

As I said all the signs are he is going to leave.

Indeed, especially with a wage increase (which he will feel he has earned - and you can see his point) as well, plus keeping Wijnaldum, much as it keeps us stable, postpones the freshening up of things.

In an ideal World, in terms of availability, you have "Player One" (Wijnaldum, Milner) and "Player Two" (Shaqiri, Keita, Ox) come in to replace some or all of the bracketed players.

Wijnaldum+Milner's departure, whenever it is that they go, frees up considerable wage packets.

Equally, two of the injury-prone Shaqiri, Keita and Ox departing (I like all three but too injury-prone, plus Ox will likely stay due to nationality) would also free up wages for the second player.

If the two players that come in are of good quality for the system (don't have to be Mega-stars) and are aged 23-26, you reduce the pressure of having to move on loads at once and your Midfield options become Henderson, Thiago, Ox (Fab might remain a centre-back), Jones, Player One, Player Two and Minamino is the utility player, the "7th" player for the 6 in midfield (2 for each position) and the 6 for the attacking three. That's if (huge if) Fabinho remains a centre-back. If he doesn't, then we perhaps "only" buy one player in the midfield.

That's not necessarily how things will pan out of course, but you'd have only 2 of the 6/7 midfielders in the 30+up range.

Sales in the current climate will be the problem. Wijnaldum likely leaves at the end of the season, Milner leaves at the end of 21/22 if he doesn't leave at the end of the season, so spaces to fill will appear, ideally with age bracket dropping.

I think Shaqiri Origi Adrian Gini Phillips will leave in the summer from the squad.

We also have Grujic Wilson Ojo ? The African lad in Germany too who we will look to move.

We need to bring in two CBs one midfielder and a forward.

I think Shaqiri Origi Adrian Gini Phillips will leave in the summer from the squad.

We also have Grujic Wilson Ojo ? The African lad in Germany too who we will look to move.

We need to bring in two CBs one midfielder and a forward.
    You can get 2 for 1 with Ben White of Brighton, a centre back who has now been moved into midfield. Mentioned him a few times, and according to certain sources, we are interested.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    You can get 2 for 1 with Ben White of Brighton, a centre back who has now been moved into midfield. Mentioned him a few times, and according to certain sources, we are interested.
    Yeah he is someone whose name has popped up for a while now.

His aerial stats arent great for a CB but then again im not the one watching him !

Klopp does tend to buy EPL players and with Brexit his chances of a move here or to another big club increase slightly.