Page 124 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2474114117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    .........I've had a look too. Nope, still Brassic. The coffers are bare.
    Ffs tees, and I thought my eyesight was bad 😞

Here's a mad thought - Edin Dzeko. He's had a bust up with the manager and Roma are looking to offload him.

He has experience in England, has won a bunch of stuff. Yes, he's old, but how much could it hurt to have him for 18 months??
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Here's a mad thought - Edin Dzeko. He's had a bust up with the manager and Roma are looking to offload him.

He has experience in England, has won a bunch of stuff. Yes, he's old, but how much could it hurt to have him for 18 months??
    Are you on something this week Bali?
    No! As he is not used to our “system”
    The attack isn’t the issue here, it’s getting Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago pairing up in midfield and providing proper protection for our wingbacks.

Maybe that’s why they’re playing out of form, out of fear they need to rush back and protect the make shift defence

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post

Worth a punt for me, scored everywhere he's been.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    The attack isn’t the issue here, it’s getting Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago pairing up in midfield and providing proper protection for our wingbacks.

Maybe that’s why they’re playing out of form, out of fear they need to rush back and protect the make shift defence
    The attack is very much an issue, apart from beating Aston Villa's kids, we hadn't scored a single goal in 4 games. Djeko wouldn't start many games, but would be a better option than Origi to bring on.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    The attack is very much an issue, apart from beating Aston Villa's kids, we hadn't scored a single goal in 4 games. Djeko wouldn't start many games, but would be a better option than Origi to bring on.
    These would be my thoughts DOC. He's a goalscorer through and through. More goals can never be bad - takes some of the load off the front three too!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Played CB once though at school and they never conceded. Sign him up.

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Coolio.......i wouldt mind 100 grand a decade to be honest....my concern was more about hanging on to top players if their wages weren't proportional to their status...
    I believe mane is on 175kpw

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    It’s been an issue for sometime now. All the squandering of chances even when winning games and prior to our poor form.

Fullbacks don’t have free roam down the wing putting in crosses as their mind is fixed on what happens if we turn it over. Proper solid defence, not having to worry about losing a ball puts your mind at rest.

Even when we had a fit Gomez, VVD and Matip we always new there was one class CB and needed another one.

You build from the back and not the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post

Exactly right.
    The confidence in the back line isn't there. Fullbacks know if we push too high up we are wide open, no pace in the CBs has seen us retreat something like 10-15 yards further back on average I read recently.
    Might not seem much but its certainly had an impact.