Page 126 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2676116119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I think we will sign a centre back just before the window closes. We've only got three proper centre backs in our squad and they are all injured. we are making do with academy players and midfield players. If FSG want us to be in the CL next year they will have to out their hands in their pockets.
    I cant see it mate why would we plough on for another 4-5 games before getting one ?

People keep mentioning the lad at Madrid or Diop at West Ham but they make their benches so would they leave themselves short.

Jim White is going to have one boring deadline day the highlight will be a player leaving Barnsley to join Haliax on loan !

I think we will sign a centre back just before the window closes. We've only got three proper centre backs in our squad and they are all injured. we are making do with academy players and midfield players. If FSG want us to be in the CL next year they will have to out their hands in their pockets.
    So Matip counts as a CB does he -despite the fact he can’t play even one game in 3!

Even saying we have 2.5 Centre Backs is fanciful. We have 2 - and both are out injured - Gomez himself hardly has a glowing injury record.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Apart from United who can splash £38m on a teenager.
    I don't know about £38 million, but Adam Johnson has been known to spend a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I don't know about £38 million, but Adam Johnson has been known to spend a bit.
    Noncense !!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I cant see it mate why would we plough on for another 4-5 games before getting one ?

People keep mentioning the lad at Madrid or Diop at West Ham but they make their benches so would they leave themselves short.

Jim White is going to have one boring deadline day the highlight will be a player leaving Barnsley to join Haliax on loan !
    Maybe some financial brinkmanship in the hope of getting a price reduced by a club who need to sell. i am shooting in the dark here really. Just can't imagine that FSG woulld let themselves drop out of the top 4 (and we already have tonight) knowing the flak they would get from the fans. Everyone and his dog is saying that it's obvious we need to get someone in. My choices would be Schuurs, (don't think we have been linked but Klopp saw how he played Mane), or Upamecano,(we have been linked), or Ben White (we've been linked fairly strongly, he is a centre back who can play in midfield too, like a reverse Fabinho)
    Last edited by faridtoxteth; 26th January 2021 at 10:05 PM.

Kaide Gordon set to join Liverpool from Derby in a deal that could reach £3m; Manchester United were also tracking 16-year-old forward, who can play out wide or through the middle; Gordon expected to link up with Liverpool's academy side

Get in!

after all we are 5th in the "money league"

General Kala, Kaide Gordon approaching...

Gordon's alive. Unlike our chances of retaining the title.

Maybe some financial brinkmanship in the hope of getting a price reduced by a club who need to sell. i am shooting in the dark here really. Just can't imagine that FSG woulld let themselves drop out of the top 4 (and we already have tonight) knowing the flak they would get from the fans. Everyone and his dog is saying that it's obvious we need to get someone in. My choices would be Schuurs, (don't think we have been linked but Klopp saw how he played Mane), or Upamecano,(we have been linked), or Ben White (we've been linked fairly strongly, he is a centre back who can play in midfield too, like a reverse Fabinho)
    I really hope Upamecano isn’t a target he looks clumsy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I really hope Upamecano isn’t a target he looks clumsy to me.
    Matt Targett wouldn't even be a viable target for us given our owners reluctance to part with some reddies.