Page 136 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3686126129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Worth adding that Alex Neil (Preston manager) likes "proper football" to use a lazy Sky Sports term - so he should be able to "play" as Jamie Redknapp likes to say (all "players" are "playing" you dolt) - I hate that phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Ben Davies confirmed by Pearce and Joyce.

Let's not forget his nationality - we are spending very little (relatively speaking) - if it doesn't work out there is almost no loss, if it does work out but we don't want to keep there's a premium on English players, so profit to be had and if he really works out, then he is a bargain.

Lovely!
    We must have acted very quickly, it was nailed on he was signing for Celtic up to yesterday.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We must have acted very quickly, it was nailed on he was signing for Celtic up to yesterday.
    Aye my friend texted me saying the same (his Uncle lives at the residence and is a Celtic fan) so I can only assume we have come in and Ben, who can't believe his luck, has said "sod Celtic!" as the likes of Pearce and Joyce wouldn't want egg on their faces, so won't have tweeted unless they were fed something.

Assuming they're correct it looks like intelligent business.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Aye my friend texted me saying the same (his Uncle lives at the residence and is a Celtic fan) so I can only assume we have come in and Ben, who can't believe his luck, has said "sod Celtic!" as the likes of Pearce and Joyce wouldn't want egg on their faces, so won't have tweeted unless they were fed something.

Assuming they're correct it looks like intelligent business.
    Do you think he'll come straight in Sid, given our injuries at the back ?
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Do you think he'll come straight in Sid, given our injuries at the back ?
    That's one for Klopp really, not me :mrgreen:

I'd personally be surprised if he did - I think it will be (for example) Henderson and one other (Phillips, or Fabinho if he is fit on time) for Brighton as I think Klopp would want the centre-back pairing that goes against City to have had a game together v Brighton, then possibly we'll introduce him after that.

Ben is left-footed though, so it's possible he does the Van Dijk side and Hendo does the Gomez side (versus Brighton) and then we play that again v City, with Milner taking Hendo's normal slot for that game given his recent rhythm and combative nature.

We'll find out soon - mad that the City game is just a week away!

I don’t think he’ll be replacing Phillips in the next game, he was superb today.

I also don’t care how cheap or expensive he is, only whether he is an improvement on Phillips and Williams. If he isn’t then it’s a totally pointless signing.

Also think Ben's time at Fleetwood overlapped with the time Uwe Rosler was their manager - he's at Fortuna Dusseldorf these days and plays "modern" footie.

Was minaminno a commercial signing for FSG

Sounds mad but maybe to get more fans from Japan??

Did say earlier in this month is there any decent CB in the championship we can get, to be fair 2m preston CB out of contract in summer and home grown will do, like Balinkay has said better than nothing.... could turn out to be decent enough too.

for a 4th choice when everyone is fit that'll be good, very impressed with phillips though, I never understood why williams started ahead of him.

I guess if we moved quickly for him, that means matip is out for a long time, not that he'd stay fit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I don’t think he’ll be replacing Phillips in the next game, he was superb today.

I also don’t care how cheap or expensive he is, only whether he is an improvement on Phillips and Williams. If he isn’t then it’s a totally pointless signing.
    Spot on.
    Unless he is an improvement on the 2 lads we already have then its a token signing to be seen to be doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Spot on.
    Unless he is an improvement on the 2 lads we already have then its a token signing to be seen to be doing something.
    Apparently he's one of the best cb's in the championship.... according to some preston fans
    Last edited by Kev0909; 31st January 2021 at 09:26 PM.