Page 138 of 170 FirstFirst ... 3888128131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I don’t think he’ll be replacing Phillips in the next game, he was superb today.

I also don’t care how cheap or expensive he is, only whether he is an improvement on Phillips and Williams. If he isn’t then it’s a totally pointless signing.
    Agree.
    I can see him purely making up the numbers and playing if the shit hits the fan and either 2 of Fab/Hendo/Philips are injured.
    Much like Caulker when he arrived a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We'll get a CB in the summer im sure of it.

I said we needed two and one more will come in.

Caleta-Car is a name who fits the profile 24, good on the ball, played at Red Bull Salzberg and now plays at Marseille under AVB who plays a high line.
    you'd think so but honestly with FSG i'm not so sure, they might think Gomez VVD back.. matip and this new lad coming in if he's decent enough + phillips is good enough

it'll be interesting to see what will happen, you'd think Origi might leave

We bought Robbo and Gini from the Championship, so it might turn out to be inspired, football is great like that, sometimes a player can come in with the right attitude, work really fucking hard and dramatically raise their levels, let's hope that's what happens here
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    you'd think so but honestly with FSG i'm not so sure, they might think Gomez VVD back.. matip and this new lad coming in if he's decent enough + phillips is good enough

I think Matip is an awesome CB, but for me he should go in the summer, as awesome as he is when fit, for a club with the amount of big games we have a season, him only being fit for 15 games a season isn't good enough

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We bought Robbo and Gini from the Championship, so it might turn out to be inspired, football is great like that, sometimes a player can come in with the right attitude, work really fucking hard and dramatically raise their levels, let's hope that's what happens here
    Here here

I am sure mate trust me its why we gone for this lad at Preston to not spend say £20m on a player we dont really want.

We need to factor in Gomez/VVD are coming off serious injuries.

Davies and our CB summer signing make it 4.

Matip will not leave as nobody will buy him but he becomes number 5.

Not footy related but if 70% of people have had the vaccine by July say then Origi will be snapped up by a lower half team.

Teams arent being tight they are worried that no fans next season makes it difficult to commit we might have money to buy but we also need people to buy from us.

According to Lawro who is a Preston fan, he’s decent in the Championship but doesn’t have phenomenal pace, not better than Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We bought Robbo and Gini from the Championship
    Really??

Thought Hull and Newcastle were both relegated the summers we bought both payers.

Was minaminno a commercial signing for FSG

Sounds mad but maybe to get more fans from Japan??
    I'd doubt that. Perhaps it was a secondary or tertiary factor, but most likely (akin to Shaqiri) it's mean a case of him showing enough from the Data Analysis side of things weighed up against a release fee that was low in comparison to what the underlying stats were suggesting, with it being a very low risk move if it didn't work out.

Will be interesting to see if he is bombed out in an upcoming window, or manages more match time as he gets a little more weight on.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    Really??

Thought Hull and Newcastle were both relegated the summers we bought both payers.
    Yes they were, so they were Championship players no longer Premier League players and both only had one season in the Prem with their clubs I believe