Page 146 of 170 FirstFirst ... 4696136139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

He's only another kid, so I don't expect that much from him only 20, can't be worse than Williams at least

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Midfield is where he belongs, and where Klopp bought him to play.
    He was one of the main reasons we won the champions league and League. He and the back 4 worked great together.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Im undecided on Gomez.. before his injury he wasnt playing well.. hes a very good player. But i do think we can do better. If Kabak is a better defender or anyone else.I would play him first over Gomez.
    I'd also venture to remind everyone that he didn't have a great injury record even before this current major injury and had missed a large part of last season out injured as well before coming back to finish mostly as Virgil's first choice partner (but only because Matip had a worse injury record and Lovren was,.....well.....Lovren).

I reckon when he gets back from this current spell next season - assuming it goes well with either of these two we're (hopefully) bringing in this window - he'll be playing to win back his place in the starting lineup, if not for his Liverpool career outright.

He's one that simply hasn't gone on to fulfil the loads of potential he showed when he was a youngster coming up, and I'm afraid he's running out of time.

Van Dijk always had that thing about him that anyone that partnered him in defense instantly looked far better than they probably really were, and only now seeing our defense without him in it do you see where there's class (And promise) and where there isn't.
    It would be good to have a 1st choice partner for him that doesn't see a massive drop in quality the moment he's not playing.

Ironically, one player who's actually played better in that backline the moment Van Dijk went out injured is the player who isn't even a natural defender.
    (to be fair, Hendo's also held his own when called upon to play CB, but I don't want to be playing him there long-term anymore than Fab)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

First thing we need to start doing is telling the waistcoat he is not available for pointless friendlies.

England seem to have an habit of injurying our players are the methods outdated even Ole dont let Rashford join up learnt from Fergie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    I guess it means the end of Phillips + Williams on loan or something next season as surely we won't need 7 cbs
    Aye you would think so. Philips nearly left in the summer and Williams was playing league one two last year.

Personally, I think Phillips has been excellent when he's played. I'd be happy enough with him as 4th choice next season.

Williams is only a kid. So will deffo go out on loan somewhere.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Personally, I think Phillips has been excellent when he's played. I'd be happy enough with him as 4th choice next season.

Williams is only a kid. So will deffo go out on loan somewhere.
    Same but can't see that happening if we're signing this davies and Kabak

I'd rather keep Phillips than bring in Kabak. Unless we're grooming the Turk for big things a la Joeresi.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I'd rather keep Phillips than bring in Kabak. Unless we're grooming the Turk for big things a la Joeresi.
    Well

Schalke have won 1 game all season and conceded the most goals (49)

Promising

Why this all couldn't have happened at the start of the window is beyond me. If this lad had come in then ,then he could've played during our recent blip with the midfielders playing in midfield.
    I feel the owners only care about Champions league.