Page 150 of 170 FirstFirst ... 50100140143144145146147148149150151152153154155156157160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    that'll do apparently one of the better cbs in the german league despite schalke being shite
    People keep referring back to the 8-0 hammering they suffered a few months ago. We conceded 7 and VVD was in the team.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Im ok with these deals absolute smart business by us.

Signed a player who we have tracked for a while and if he is good we get him for £20m overall if he is poor we dont have to buy him.

Hopefully he is as good as the last CB we signed from Schalke 😁

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Im ok with these deals absolute smart business by us.

Signed a player who we have tracked for a while and if he is good we get him for £20m overall if he is poor we dont have to buy him.

Hopefully he is as good as the last CB we signed from Schalke ��
    Two people have recommended him to Klopp apparently. David Wagner, who had him at Dortmund, and a former Schalke sporting director who worked with Klopp at Mainz.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

@MelissaReddy_

#LFC close to sealing Ozan Kabak on a £1m loan (+ £500k in potential extras). Option to buy £18m + add ons, which doesn’t need to be activated until June. Player highly recommended to Jürgen Klopp by David Wagner and Christian Heidel.

Now, bear in mind we apparently offered them about £35m for him before and they said no - it goes to show the scale of their financial woes that they were willing to sell like this.

We've also bought a 19-year old keeper from Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Two people have recommended him to Klopp apparently. David Wagner, who had him at Dortmund, and a former Schalke sporting director who worked with Klopp at Mainz.
    Wagner was his manager too at Schalke.

Most of the CBs we are after are 20-24 (Kabak, Caleta-Car, Konate, Upamecano, Schurrs)

We havent rushed into anything and got someone off the list.

I expect Kabak to start against City unless big Joel is fit.

Most of the CBs we are after are 20-24 (Kabak, Caleta-Car, Konate, Upamecano, Schurrs)

Thanks Legs, got the info off BBC football. It was Wagner who was at Dortmund with Klopp, that's where i've misread it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    @MelissaReddy_

#LFC close to sealing Ozan Kabak on a £1m loan (+ £500k in potential extras). Option to buy £18m + add ons, which doesn’t need to be activated until June. Player highly recommended to Jürgen Klopp by David Wagner and Christian Heidel.

Now, bear in mind we apparently offered them about £35m for him before and they said no - it goes to show the scale of their financial woes that they were willing to sell like this.

We've also bought a 19-year old keeper from Celtic.
    Slightly different from Sky Sports take on it. They said earlier that the option to buy was £80m. Lol

Must have been a typo.

I would start him anyway. Matip starts, and you are one substitute down already, probably before the break.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I would start him anyway. Matip starts, and you are one substitute down already, probably before the break.
    I not be surprised to hear Matip is out for the season we've heard nothing since Thursday.

We might have wanted to get two CBs in then mention it tomorrow in a presser for Brighton game.

I hope I am wrong though I know its a running joke with his injuries but if he passes a fitness test before any big game he HAS to play he is that good.

Brilliant business to try before we buy.