Page 153 of 170 FirstFirst ... 53103143146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Steveo, would you feel a bit better if we'd spent 50m on one of the most highly rated young defenders in Germany on transfer deadline day after a protracted public negotiation over the whole window?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

No.

To be clear - I am pretty happy with both signings. Would have obviously preferred them in the first week of Jan but we got them. It looks like it took Matip AND Fabinho to make it happen.

Hopefully we get away with it BUT this issue can be traced back to the summer. Letting Lovren go without replacing was madness. Many said it was madness - and they were right.

Seems silly to now big up the men behind the scenes for acting so late now - just because the deals are for a small fee.
    Last edited by Steveo; 1st February 2021 at 09:05 PM.

I just hope he was our number 1 choice .

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    That’s bollox - straight up bollox. So the only option is going cheap on deadline day or spunking the lot on Ramos..? Come on mate

Come on Sid - get to a game and smell what really matters.

This is Liverpool football club FFS! We are here to win titles...!

Good that we have finally done some business but it is a bit late - I am happy to see the benefit of both these guys - will relieve the midfield big time - but why not sooner ???

Either way - gloating over how little we have paid is just silly IMO. The true cost will be revealed in May
    Yep. I don't get this "good business," piffle. Who gives a fuck apart from the clubs bean counters.
    It most certainly doesn't mean we've saved now to spend later on big targets.
    It just means we've penny pinched again to penny pinch later.

Well said not sure why people expect us to be as poor as Burnley dumb twats, and no that doesn't mean spending 50m on ramos!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I just hope he was our number 1 choice .
    Salah wasn't - so I'm not too stressed on that!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Shouldn't of even been in this position instead of being tight we should of had another decent CB instead it might cost us the league ffs

It wasn't madness but it was probably not very prudent. Losing your best two CBs for a season is something for which you shouldn't prepare by bloating the squad. It likely won't happen for the next twenty years. With one of them out for the season we'd have been just about okay. Not great, but okay. Comfortably good enough to be top right now.

I do agree an earlier deal would have been better but it would have been a calculated risk. The expected value of the amount of points the new boys' late arrival will cost us vs the amount of points the expected value of the money we'd save would guarantee us after being invested in a different manner in the summer. It's a tough calculation with a lot of variables, but I'm guessing it can be (and has been) done. Our numbers team have been doing a fantastic job over the past years in giving Klopp the fuel he needs for his heavy metal monster truck, think they might have got it right again.

Edit: That same calculation was likely done in the summer. I can imagine the numbers made sense at the time. Hindsight is 20-20.
    Last edited by Balinkay; 1st February 2021 at 09:12 PM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Yep. I don't get this "good business," piffle. Who gives a fuck apart from the clubs bean counters.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/bQDtwysmHDQW7jmm8

Here are two reasons to "give a fuck" - my paying attention to stuff like this and my caring about what happens on the pitch are not mutually exclusive guys If they were I'd attach the transfer values/wages of players in the "Your Team Against" thread.

Our transfer department did good work. I was pleased. I celebrated an aspect of this I appreciate.

Why this is cause for negativity is beyond me. I am very happy to "miss the point" on this one.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Because it comes after negligence and you are citing it as brilliance.

Sorry Sid but you must be able to see it.