Page 154 of 170 FirstFirst ... 54104144147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

I see what Steveo is saying and I for one was not happy we let Lovren go but I guess Klopp gave him his word.

Lovren got lots of stick but as a squad player he is a good player got to a world cup & CL final you dont do that being poor.

The RB Leipzig lads were never going to be allowed to join.

We may have got Caleta-Car but maybe they were shit scared of the Marseille ultras running riot again 🤣🤣

Some talk of Carno from Portugal but he has hardly played first team football so I doubt £30m rumours to be true.

Botman another name but again only played a handful of games at Lille.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Because it comes after negligence and you are citing it as brilliance.

Sorry Sid but you must be able to see it.
    We might have replaced Lovren and his replacement might have gotten an injury too.

Would I have liked a Lovren replacement? Yes actually, I would. Could any of us have anticipated Van Dijk, Gomez, Matip, and utility option Fabinho all being unavailable at the same time, with two of them set to miss 70% plus of the whole season? Probably not.

We can't cater for every possibility - and if we did have a centre-back on the books sitting at £100,000 a week and Van Dijk/Gomez/Matip/Fabinho sometimes filling in happened to be fit for the larger part of the season, folks would be questioning the wasted wages.

Damned either way in my view.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I wonder how many Leeds and Parma fans only cared about what was produced on the pitch...

Arsenal fans too with Özil... Real fans with Bale, United fans with Sanchez...

Our MO is not to be rushed. We weren't rushed in the summer and we weren't rushed now. We've learned out large pony-tailed lesson.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Since we won the champions league, how much money have the club actually spent on transfers ? Jota, Thiago and this fella don't really count as we're paying about a tenner each a week for them !!

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    https://images.app.goo.gl/bQDtwysmHDQW7jmm8

Here are two reasons to "give a fuck" - my paying attention to stuff like this and my caring about what happens on the pitch are not mutually exclusive guys If they were I'd attach the transfer values/wages of players in the "Your Team Against" thread.

Our transfer department did good work. I was pleased. I celebrated an aspect of this I appreciate.

Why this is cause for negativity is beyond me. I am very happy to "miss the point" on this one.
    I'm not having a personal pop at you Sid, it wasn't meant to be at you specifically.
    I get the whole sustainability element. The fact is though we aren't skint like thry have us believe.
    If Klopp hadn't flexed last week or the week before we would have carried on as was. FSG wouldn't have cared.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Since we won the champions league, how much money have the club actually spent on transfers ? Jota, Thiago and this fella don't really count as we're paying about a tenner each a week for them !!
    Thiago's on £200,000 a week. He is our joint-top earner, along with Salah.

Jota is on £90,000 a week.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Ha ha, He definitely hit the jackpot with Jurgen. but I'm sure Jurgen now knows he holds all the cards now and the owners need to give in to his needs. Though this lockdown has seriously affected the spending of everyone.
    I'm sorry, but a LESS than £20m per season net spend (the reason why our squad is weak) suggests that Klopp definitely does not 'hold all the cards', and that he is more than likely 'toeing the party line'. You, like our owners are using covid as yet another convenient excuse as to why they/we haven't 'splashed the cash'. Our owners reluctance to spend has been evident during the entirety of Klopp's time with us. Covid hasn't been around that long, though I'm sure some will say it feels like it has.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I wonder how many Leeds and Parma fans only cared about what was produced on the pitch...

Arsenal fans too with Özil... Real fans with Bale, United fans with Sanchez...

Our MO is not to be rushed. We weren't rushed in the summer and we weren't rushed now. We've learned out large pony-tailed lesson.
    Not sure I agree, our defensive depletion didn't happen yesterday. It happened months ago, they just waited for us to get right down to the bare bones to act when they know they should have sorted this a month ago.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised or care for that matter if Fab isn't even injured. I hope its been done/said to get them to put their hands in their pocket.

The Greek lad cost £13m but its easy to forget about him !

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    The Greek lad cost £13m but its easy to forget about him !
    About as useful as 20m brewster for shef utd