Page 16 of 170 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516171819202122232666116 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Media saying we’ve made inquiries but not made a bid and that we angst him for £27m, which sounds like a good deal to me. Looks a much better defender than Gomez

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Media saying we’ve made inquiries but not made a bid and that we angst him for £27m, which sounds like a good deal to me. Looks a much better defender than Gomez
    Don't expect it'll cost much as he's from Ajax and not really a stand out world class player or anything

Ajax are mugs really but why would you stay at that club? very rare get anywhere in champions league, and walk the league every season pretty much after you've won it once, what's left?

Not like the dutch league is a very big thing either to win

On another note, how good is it to see players that have left utd doing a lot better than they did at utd? Something up with that club that makes good players shit
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd December 2020 at 12:35 PM.

Our best chance of getting him in Jan is if Ajax go out of the CL next week.

He is a strong youth, big unit and has abit of pace too.

He impressed me in both games and the links to him go back 3 years when Klopp had him train with us we are clearly watching him.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    21-years old and clearly talented though, with Champion's League experience.

Age/potential (depending on how you look at it) raises the price a bit - if you get to roughly 32-years old before a centre-back is over the Hill you're talking about an 11-year option potentially.

In that sense £27m is probably a fair enough rate - really do hope we're in for him - can only find one instance of injury with him, a calf problem, which kept him out for 6 days.

If (we don't know enough as fans, our medical team are much better-placed for this stuff) he is a player that is fairly injury-resistant, is strong (he looks it) can contain a talented forward (Mane didn't trouble him much) and has technical ability (he does - Ajax players usually do) then he looks like a sequence of green ticks in the "Yes" column.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

He's be a steal at that price. Though I doubt we have the space in the squad for yet another Johnny Forn'er.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He's be a steal at that price. Though I doubt we have the space in the squad for yet another Johnny Forn'er.
    Simple solution is to sell one of the players who are robbing a living. Keita or Shaq spring to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Simple solution is to sell one of the players who are robbing a living. Keita or Shaq spring to mind.
    Or maybe Adrian is closer to the exit now. We don't seem to be using Origi much either.

The question is who'd buy them at the price we'd want. I can't see us selling more than one of them (at most) in January.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Get £20m for Origi, Schuurs only costs us £7m and no more wages that Origi was on, possibly less.

I'm not sure anyone will pay 20m for Big Div this January miller. He's been shite for us recently and he wasn't that highly sought after in the first place.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non