Page 160 of 170 FirstFirst ... 60110150153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

@Sid

Let me translate for you: what Steveo is saying is that he finds it difficult to understand how a fan could be so preoccupied with the money side of things as you are when in fact the mere thought of the footballing side of things should overwhelm them with emotion to such a degree that nothing else should matter and it should be expected that our owners invest serious sums of money into the club no matter potential boogeyman consequences in the future. Also what kind of fan doesn't moan about the owners when they take a risk and it doesn't pay off? I mean come on???
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yeah of course. Ideally you don't want to take away from other areas but we do have Wij, Hendo, Milner, Oxo, Jones and Keita for those three positions in the middle. At least three of them can play in DM. Not like it was likely we'd be short there even if Fabinho had to cover for VVD or Gomez on occasion. Hell, even for a prolonged period of time. I can see where FSG were coming from.
    Yes - purely from a financial position - but 3 of those are hardly viable. Milner 35 - Ox and Keita like Matip - never available.

I guess you have to respect Minamino he could easily sit here collecting money for not doing much.

He wants to play thats a good attitude to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Once again that's great if we actually spend some decent money on the team you know?

make the yanks more rich fantastic Balinkay! I'm so happy

So glad we didn't replace Lovren too, #makefsgrichagain oh wait they can sell us once rona is over for big money anyway! Oops
    I'm sure we'll invest some cash in the summer, Kev. And besides - FSG won't be here forever. Encouraging people to become fans in a market as big as Japan can have serious consequences for decades. We're the most googled club in Norway (iirc) for example, even though we've not had a huge Norwegian contingent over the years - but Riise was THAT FUCKING BOSS.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    That would be a fecking result though. Of all the outcomes of being bundled into the back of a van blindfolded I think not many could top that.
    I'll give you that eggy. Might even oblige if the end justifies the means!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

This has all got very odd !!! Stevo going All Liam Neeson with a certain set of skills 😂😂😂

I love how Kew has worked out Ben Davis is no good. before hes even kicked a ball.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yes - purely from a financial position - but 3 of those are hardly viable. Milner 35 - Ox and Keita like Matip - never available.
    Yeah. Ideally we should have sold Keita and Matip last summer and replaced them. I still have hope for Oxo (besides, he's English and commercially very viable).

Edit: But Millie can still do a job. Agree that long term we need rid of them though.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

We’re going along in a nice little sustainable groove of buying assets cheap and for the most part flogging them at hefty profit fuelling the next phase on investment while also being pretty successful. The acid test for this strategy comes when we fall down the table at some stage. Especially if it coincides with klopp leaving. Then the pitchforks will be out alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I'm sure we'll invest some cash in the summer, Kev. And besides - FSG won't be here forever. Encouraging people to become fans in a market as big as Japan can have serious consequences for decades. We're the most googled club in Norway (iirc) for example, even though we've not had a huge Norwegian contingent over the years - but Riise was THAT FUCKING BOSS.
    talking of Norwegian fans. The Jury's Inn Hotel on the docks has a block booking of 30 rooms every home game for the Norwegian supporters club.