Page 165 of 170 FirstFirst ... 65115155158159160161162163164165166167168169170 LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Has Ramos signed yet ?
    Slight tangent here - I think earlier you had said about Thiago and Jota's wages - you'll probably have missed my reply because this thread has gotten almost as big as Aquilani's fast improvement - but from what I gather it's £90k a week for Jota and Thiago is joint top earner at £200k per week.

Everton sign Josh King until the end of the season. With Bournemouth potentially earning up to £5 million if Everton make Champions league.
    You can make up your own jokes 😂😂😂
    You never know Ian.. One assumes Bournemouth fans are over the moon with the potential fee.

Since we won the champions league, how much money have the club actually spent on transfers ? Jota, Thiago and this fella don't really count as we're paying about a tenner each a week for them !!
    Think Steveo posted it recently, that our net spend since we won the cl is about -10 mill.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Slight tangent here - I think earlier you had said about Thiago and Jota's wages - you'll probably have missed my reply because this thread has gotten almost as big as Aquilani's fast improvement - but from what I gather it's £90k a week for Jota and Thiago is joint top earner at £200k per week.
    Was more the payment of the transfer fees I was on about. Lets all hope this Turkish fella is the real deal ,we're going to need Hendo midfield .

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Nobody is stopping you from enjoying things - maybe you could “Just” accept that some people may take issue with someone lording over a seemingly enforced and rushed transfer policy that has come as the result of negligence this summer and could cost far more than the cost of genuine targets.
    I'll always praise what look like shrewd financial purchases - and have done, tonight and other times.

Matip being out for the season (as opposed to a spell) does broadcast the recruitment differently though - no problem examining that and being open to analysing it through a critical lens. Didn't have that information up until 15 minutes or less ago to be fair.

Was more the payment of the transfer fees I was on about. Lets all hope this Turkish fella is the real deal ,we're going to need Hendo midfield .
    Ah, gotcha. Can't remember the context within which we were discussing it, just remembered you'd passed comment, so relayed the relevant wages on.

In terms of fees, it was £27.3m for Thiago and £45m for Jota - the Jota deal is structured in such a way that we're paying over a longer period.

I'll always praise what look like shrewd financial purchases - and have done, tonight and other times.

Matip being out for the season (as opposed to a spell) does broadcast the recruitment differently though - no problem examining that and being open to analysing it through a critical lens. Didn't have that information up until 15 minutes or less ago to be fair.
    You see this is why I hate being a cynic and would much prefer to be like you - but most of us expected Matip out for the season.

Mate this is the point I have been making though - out for the season or not - he doesn’t make 1 game in 3 either way.

We need Fab back fit and in Midfield and Hendo back in Midfield - cause Ox could cut himself shaving and Keita...? Well he’d pull a muscle doing a warm up...

We nee Kabak and a Davies to come in ASAP - Phillips looked ok v West Ham but you think we need more v better oppo.

It is going to be a tough run to the end of the season.

Ah, gotcha. Can't remember the context within which we were discussing it, just remembered you'd passed comment, so relayed the relevant wages on.

In terms of fees, it was £27.3m for Thiago and £45m for Jota - the Jota deal is structured in such a way that we're paying over a longer period.
    Thats what I meant by the tenner a week. They're paying it off a tenner a week.

Minamino loan until the end of the season. No option to buy.

Gonna put it out there, I reckon kabak will be what gomez is/was for us as in young lad who does decent and gets better, hopefully doesn't have some really nasty injury's like gomez

Maybe he'll be the player that gomez was meant to be.

we need some more youngsters in the side for the long-term plan, new youngish CM in the summer hopefully could even do with a couple, origi replacement perhaps if he wants to leave which I wouldn't blame him for, not sure if we'll go big for a CB if we have as many as we do now.. when all fit.. matip isn't going anywhere unless we terminate his contract highly doubtful especially now he's out all season

we don't really need that much in the summer, couple of fresh good youngsters will be good enough and sell the fringe players / injury crooks and we're laughing... obviously changes if one of the front 3 leaves

I don't see how Minamino wil ever fit in, you'd think Jota will always be ahead of him.. that's without replacing Origi too, not forgetting we have Elliot on loan I'm guessing he might go back on loan unless Klopp thinks he's good enough to take someones place.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 2nd February 2021 at 12:19 AM.