Page 166 of 170 FirstFirst ... 66116156159160161162163164165166167168169170 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

It will - and I'd want Fab and Hendo in midfield ideally too - one of the Midfield combos I most want to see at some stage isabinho (deepest) Hendo, Thiago.

But even if we are using those two as options (ideally "only" one at a time, not a partnership, so as not to "doubly" deprive the midfield) we still have Thiago, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Milner, Minamino*, Jones, Ox, Keita who can play there - some (Shaq, Taki) wouldn't necessarily be first choice as we don't think of them as a traditional 6 or 8, but still viable. Even if Ox and Keita (love both, both MUCH too injury-prone and I'd happily sell one) are both out, that's still six for three spots, assuming that Fab and Hendo are both at centre-back simultaneously, rather than something like Hendo+Phillips or Fabinho+Phillips so we do have cover. Then Davies+Kabak shouldn't be long to follow and free up Fab/Hendo.

So whilst there are definitely concerns to be had, I'm not (yet) panicking.

*Unless off to Southampton, am on phone now rather than PC so no multiple tabs to see what the craic is.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Minamino loan until the end of the season. No option to buy.
    Saints?

Yep Southampton - hopefully finds his feet.

Thats what I meant by the tenner a week. They're paying it off a tenner a week.
    Gotcha!!!

Minamino loan until the end of the season. No option to buy.
    Minamino and Ings in the same side.

If Taki gets starts I might watch a couple of their games this season. Can foresee the possibility of decent movement there.

I'd love a time capsule where I could pop a (healthy) Ings into the side Kenny had in the half-Hodge season, before we went "British" - the Kuyt, Maxi etc set-up was a fun watch and I always wished it had gotten more time before we pursued another direction the next season.

@Sid BTW - where can I get a copy of Danny Dyers Deadliest Dickheads? And I need a proppa-wun VHS

Stylee

Increasingly rare to find a copy these days, but I've heard that if you whisper "Geezer was so hard even his fawkin' noooightmares were scared o' him" in the Mirror three times, at Midnight, with a flat cap on, in the East End, your Christmas stocking will have a VHS-shape in it

A flat cap - in the East End?

I’d be brown bread in seconds mate.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Fabinho is out for the rest of season as well with a torn hamstring
    Where are you getting this from?
    I can't find that in any news media?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    A flat cap - in the East End?

I’d be brown bread in seconds mate.
    Ha!

I've started chatting to a lass from Laaaandaaaaan recently and by God, she is good craic, but as someone who has been known to watch EastEnders with mute on and make up my own story and do the accents, I'm not sure how to feel about the possibility of anything remotely flirty - I'd more than likely end up shouting "but Pat, you're not real - and this is all just a dream" at her.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    OR....

Given his proclivities, he could just be getting vaccinated.

Just spitballin' here.....

(*...sorry, I had to.
    Been racking my brain trying to come up with a spitting pun, and that's the best I could muster.
    Shameful, I know.

I'll get my coat.
    )
    Could have gone with "gobshite"?