Page 167 of 170 FirstFirst ... 67117157160161162163164165166167168169170 LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1696

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Minamino and Ings in the same side.

If Taki gets starts I might watch a couple of their games this season. Can foresee the possibility of decent movement there.

I'd love a time capsule where I could pop a (healthy) Ings into the side Kenny had in the half-Hodge season, before we went "British" - the Kuyt, Maxi etc set-up was a fun watch and I always wished it had gotten more time before we pursued another direction the next season.
    What? And take away from ALL the Liverpool games you watch instead Sid?
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Well this is really the point and why the thought of applauding the team behind the scenes just seemed crazy to me.
    You can separate the two things Steveo. Credit where credit is due - yes, we'd all have wanted a CB signed earlier (six months ideally) and the team behind the scenes should take their share of the blame for that. However, we should applaud them for doing some really good business when they did, even if it seems to be A TAD late.

If you remember, we had an identical (ok, maybe just similar) situation with VVD.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Now we have six centre backs plus Williams and Philips.
    Call it seven
    That’s too many. I can see why Klopp was hoping not to have to sign any more.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    What? And take away from ALL the Liverpool games you watch instead Sid?
    Hahaha - thankfully I almost never miss watching a game. Drives me mental when I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Now we have six centre backs plus Williams and Philips.
    Call it seven
    That’s too many. I can see why Klopp was hoping not to have to sign any more.
    Rhys will be loaned out.

We do have 3 CBs who have major injuries we will need all of em next season imo.

There is a chance we loan Neco and use Gomez as RB if he regains fitness and speed.

Phillips has probably got himself an extra year here unless we get a fee of £10-12m for him which is possible someone like Burnley who defend deep so pace isnt an issue.

Just to add im not kicking Nat out the door he plays well he keeps the shirt that is how it should be.

Reading some stats on Kabak they reckon he is a beast in the air lets hope so and he performs well enough to earn a move.

Under normal conditions, you shouldn't need more than 4 orthodox centre backs so i expect a couple to get moved on in the summer. It would have been a good window if i hadn't learned that Minamino had been loaned out. I hope he bucks a trend and comes back, not really been given an extended run with us to be fair.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Reading some stats on Kabak they reckon he is a beast in the air lets hope so and he performs well enough to earn a move.
    Kabak sounds (stylistically) like a less error-prone Lovren with a touch more recovery pace.

Obviously where his ceiling is remains to be seen.

New song for Kabak. Its to the tune of the old "Attack" song from yesteryear. Pay attention because its difficult to remember.
    It goes........" Kabak,Kabak,Kabak,Kabak,Kabak". And so on.
    Ivor Novello award for me please.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    New song for Kabak. Its to the tune of the old "Attack" song from yesteryear. Pay attention because its difficult to remember.
    It goes........" Kabak,Kabak,Kabak,Kabak,Kabak". And so on.
    Ivor Novello award for me please.
    It has to be the Take that song " I want Kabak, I want Kabak for good "

Sadly not my own work but the bookie Paddy Power.