Page 27 of 170 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627282930313233343777127 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

So that will leave us short of a striker and at least one CB then ... ok.

Sounds sensible considering the current situation

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    If that's true it gives more weight to the argument that some of us have put forward that FSG have not backed Klopp as much as they could/should have and could/should be, especially given our current woes.
    Maybe the performances of Williams and Philip's have convinced them that theres enough cover at CB but surely Div needs replacing if he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Maybe the performances of Williams and Philip's have convinced them that theres enough cover at CB but surely Div needs replacing if he leaves.
    Are you currently convinced? I think relying on two young, inexperienced players is a risk we shouldn't be taking, never mind that it's a risk we don't need to take. It's not as if we're Marine, and we don't have two pennies to rub together.

Don’t bring Marine into it, I wouldn’t mind betting they play more FA Cup games than we do this season.

Are you currently convinced? I think relying on two young, inexperienced players is a risk we shouldn't be taking, never mind that it's a risk we don't need to take. It's not as if we're Marine, and we don't have two pennies to rub together.
    Not at all. As well as they've done we still need reinforcement. It wont be a surprise at all though if we dont sign anyone.
    In terms of Div leaving hes been so poor of late we wont really be missing much if he goes. That doesn't mean we shouldn't replace him with someone though but I'm certain FSG wont pass up the opportunity to decrease the net spend yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Don’t bring Marine into it, I wouldn’t mind betting they play more FA Cup games than we do this season.
    I was going to say Dagenham and Redbridge, but I thought I should mention someone closer to 'home'.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Not at all. As well as they've done we still need reinforcement. It wont be a surprise at all though if we dont sign anyone.
    In terms of Div leaving hes been so poor of late we wont really be missing much if he goes. That doesn't mean we shouldn't replace him with someone though but I'm certain FSG wont pass up the opportunity to decrease the net spend yet again.
    Eventually we'll end up with a quality first XI, but bugger all quality in reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    So that will leave us short of a striker and at least one CB then ... ok.

Sounds sensible considering the current situation
    come on FSG overspent in the summer!! not like them to spend that much (net)

lucky to get 10m for origi

he's never starting so what's the point and when he does come off on the bench, he may aswell be in the stands

at this point probably better for a young lad to replace him if anything happned to firmino, salah or mane would get shoved there and Ox on the wings probably, or Shaqiri or whoever while jota is out
    Last edited by Kev0909; 17th December 2020 at 10:23 PM.

Eventually we'll end up with a quality first XI, but bugger all quality in reserve.
    We were like that most of the time under Rodgers.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    We were like that most of the time under Rodgers.
    And quite like that in the preceding 20 years. We've often had a small nucleus of very good players, but beyond them, the drop off in quality has often been huge. Consistent winners have squads full of quality, especially when it comes to consistently challenging on multiple fronts.