Page 28 of 170 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728293031323334353878128 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    And quite like that in the preceding 20 years. We've often had a small nucleus of very good players, but beyond them, the drop off in quality has often been huge. Consistent winners have squads full of quality, especially when it comes to consistently challenging on multiple fronts.
    Still a lot better than it use to be, not the gerrard/torres/suarez show etc but yes if we had a better squad then, what could of been.

We still had a weak point in the starting 11 then too, now i'm not so sure? obviously at the moment with injury's you could say CB for once it's not easy to replace one of them without spending the dolla

but the players that have come in have done nothing wrong, in fact we've conceded more with VVD I believe mainly the villa game but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Still a lot better than it use to be, not the gerrard/torres/suarez show etc but yes if we had a better squad then, what could of been.

We still had a weak point in the starting 11 then too, now i'm not so sure? obviously at the moment with injury's you could say CB for once it's not easy to replace one of them without spending the dolla

but the players that have come in have done nothing wrong, in fact we've conceded more with VVD I believe mainly the villa game but yeah.
    OF course it's better than it has been for a very long time. I was more talking about when we had the likes of Gerrard, Judas's MK 1&2, Fowler etc in the team. We'd rely heavily on those type of players far too much simply because a fair few of the other players in the first XI (never mind our squad) were simply not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    OF course it's better than it has been for a very long time. I was more talking about when we had the likes of Gerrard, Judas's MK 1&2, Fowler etc in the team. We'd rely heavily on those type of players far too much simply because a fair few of the other players in the first XI (never mind our squad) were simply not good enough.
    Yep when Jota came in, I was saying how this squad is the most "complete" in a long time

It's just a shame about all the injury's but replace them players with decent players, it's all good.

Not all of them, but the obvious ones that you don't get 10 games out of, not even on the bench...

People think we're good now, but could you imagine how good we could/would be if we/Klopp had been allowed to spend the money that 'certain other' clubs have done in recent years?!?!?

It could, possibly would be game over for everyone else, if not in every competition, then definitely in the PL.

Wouldnt take much notice of Pearce tweet we'll sign a CB.

We arent going to let it be known we are desperate for one.

We may sell Origi to bring one in like Schurrs.

That way we lose one foreign player and replace with another as it stands we have no room.

We can make room by leaving VVD out of the squad as he is highly unlikely to play.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

That way we lose one foreign player and replace with another as it stands we have no room.

We can make room by leaving VVD out of the squad as he is highly unlikely to play.
    You could be right there. He's said twice already that he'll be very surprised if we dont bring someone in.

We have some class youngsters coming through. Rhys Williams looks a great prospect.. I Like Neco Williams i think hes got whats required and of course theres Curtis Jones. He really impresses me and hes only 19. hes gonna be a star.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Think Schuurs will come in and Nat Phillips will go.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

If we can get a buyer for Shaqiri he will be gone as well. He basically offers nothing being unfit for months and months on end.
    Elliot will probably get more of a chance next season. we have some back up there on the right.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Elliott has scored a couple of very good goals for Blackburn and making chances for his teammates every game. To think he’s only 17, he’s absolutely going to make it with us. He’s getting essential pitch time to develop his game and confidence. So far it’s been a perfect loan move.