Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst 123456789101353103 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I would never have guessed that Mascherano wanted to leave, he played one of his best games against Arsenal. Unlike Torres, who was a disgrace after he said he wanted to go.
    Think he forced his way out iirc and made some unsavoury comments. Not sure though - it's been a while and back then I actually had a social life and used to spend a lot less time perusing the webs!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Upemecano fits the bill very well. He is very young I think and looks like a really immense future player.
    Sergio Ramos...please no. Premier league would be a shock for him, he would be wound up by opposition players week in week out, probably record red cards etc and how would players like Mo Salah feel about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Think he forced his way out iirc and made some unsavoury comments. Not sure though - it's been a while and back then I actually had a social life and used to spend a lot less time perusing the webs!
    Messi opened his cake hole and started yapping about us trying to hold onto Mascherano being like slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Upemecano fits the bill very well. He is very young I think and looks like a really immense future player.
    Sergio Ramos...please no. Premier league would be a shock for him, he would be wound up by opposition players week in week out, probably record red cards etc and how would players like Mo Salah feel about him.
    Salah shouldn't have feelings either way about something that happened 2 1/2 years ago. We didn't lose that game because Ramos stayed on the field, we lost it because Karius did.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Ben White has been playing holding mod for BHA. Wouldnt be shocked if we went for him with him being versatile.

We also lost the game because we were outnumbered in the midfield..But yep Karius had a stinker
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Mentioning Ramos its laughable to considered hes even in contention. Theres a hell of a lot crap rumours being floated around as factual truths. Usually emanating from the Spanish media.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Mentioning Ramos its laughable to considered hes even in contention. Theres a hell of a lot crap rumours being floated around as factual truths. Usually emanating from the Spanish media.
    If he was fit and available, would he start tomorrow ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    If he was fit and available, would he start tomorrow ?
    He would start regardless. We naturally can’t stand him but he is a match winning CB.

I can kind of agree with you, but that is having the benefit of knowing that a year later Salah won the CL. Some players never get a shot at it. You expect players to be professional, but you can't deny that there are some rivalries, grudges and history that can't be just forgotten about.
    You could say that we might have won it if Salah had stayed on the field by the way, we were in the ascendancy in the game up to that point.