Page 31 of 170 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031323334353637384181131 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The plus side to that is that if we bring English players through that are good but not good enough for us, we should be able to flog them to your West Ham type sides and utilise the cash intelligently enough.
    We should be looking to part ex a couple in the Rice deal

If Wolves still want Origi, we should absolutely flog him
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Also jacks up the price of English players to new levels of stupidness.

There is a reason we don’t see many English David Silva’s.
    England are having success at international youth level, have a good squad at senior level just cant get the top level manager.

Klopp manages with Hendo & Jones.

Ye/England with Klopp versus with Southgate.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    England are having success at international youth level, have a good squad at senior level just cant get the top level manager.

Klopp manages with Hendo & Jones.

Ye/England with Klopp versus with Southgate.
    Much as I admire and love the talents of Jurgen, he wouldn't win jack with England because they haven't even got one top CB in their ranks and I include Gomez in that too, both Matip and Fabinho are much better CB's and defenders than Joe, Matip is much better in the air than Fab and has better distribution for me. Fab has been trying some balls over the top and long diagonals from CB in the last few games now he is settled there and I hope he continues that, he frequently has time to attempt that and it is a good opportunity for him to develop his passing and ability to play those balls as the risk factor of him attempting them and them not coming off is incredibly low, we've often scored from the miscued or slighly undercooked ones by winning the second ball off them
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Much as I admire and love the talents of Jurgen, he wouldn't win jack with England because they haven't even got one top CB in their ranks and I include Gomez in that too, both Matip and Fabinho are much better CB's and defenders than Joe, Matip is much better in the air than Fab and has better distribution for me. Fab has been trying some balls over the top and long diagonals from CB in the last few games now he is settled there and I hope he continues that, he frequently has time to attempt that and it is a good opportunity for him to develop his passing and ability to play those balls as the risk factor of him attempting them and them not coming off is incredibly low, we've often scored from the miscued or slighly undercooked ones by winning the second ball off them
    Eh, what about Henderson leading the press and counter-press !!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Good for the local talents
    Without it
    TAA and Jones

A disaster for European scouting for Liverpool

Yes it can work that way too.

Brewster Millions..
    Absolutely Steveo.

Look at the fees we got for Ibe, Solanke and Brewster.

The total is a considerable percentage of what we spent on Firmino, Salah and Mane. I know inflation is a thing, but in terms of the usefulness-to-finance ratio it really drives home how intelligently we conduct our business.

Yes it can work that way too.

Brewster Millions..
    You.
    You're good, you.

Not many on here are going to get that reference but I do.

(....and yes, I realize I'm carbon-dating myself by admitting that I get that reference.
    A lot of the younglings on here wouldn't know Richard Pryor if you painted them a picture and tweeted it to them on their smartypants Eye-phone)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

@Crimson

Brewster's Millions has been mentioned a few times already. I think you'll find quite a few people on here get the reference. Now if you'll excuse me I've only got 30 seconds to spend a penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    You.
    You're good, you.

Not many on here are going to get that reference but I do.

(....and yes, I realize I'm carbon-dating myself by admitting that I get that reference.
    A lot of the younglings on here wouldn't know Richard Pryor if you painted them a picture and tweeted it to them on their smartypants Eye-phone)
    Is it my turn to say I get that reference?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

With players getting form and coming back from injury and young players doing a job, and fabinho being incredible

I don't see the need to buy, save it for the summer when we have a clear out and the likes of origi leave