Page 42 of 170 FirstFirst ... 323536373839404142434445464748495292142 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Will be interesting to see what we do in January in that department. It seems "obvious" to buy a centre-back, but it takes tactical acumen to play in our set-up, so if an option we truly want isn't available (Leipzig unwilling to sell, say) there may be a calculated gamble to get through the season without adding.

Matip and Fabinho have been great (how many have we conceded when that's the pairing this season, anyone know?) and we have Phillips+Williams who have managed when called upon, with Williams and Koumetio not necessarily needing another obstacle in their respective paths towards eventual regular first-team footie.

Henderson could slot in if needed, Milner probably at a push, Wijnaldum at a big push. Van Dijk may have slotted straight into how we play, but how many centre-backs will, without teething problems that we don't need during a League campaign?

We'd be nail-biting all season but if we can't get the player we want we very well may take a chance and do without now that a few players are returning from injury in the midfield, freeing up one or two as emergency centre-back cover.
    Would VVD be brought in to help train these makeshift defenders while he's out? I know if it was me id be banging the managers door down to help out and justify my wages

Rumours Poch is headed to PSG.. He will get to win something now. Ie the league.. No one else wins the league in France.
    Same in Scotland..after 9 years of Celtic winning the title.. Rangers are back and no doubt ready to take over for another 9 years..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Rumours Poch is headed to PSG.. He will get to win something now. Ie the league.. No one else wins the league in France.
    Same in Scotland..after 9 years of Celtic winning the title.. Rangers are back and no doubt ready to take over for another 9 years..
    If they ever join a super league, they'll be finishing nowhere every year.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You would expect that Tuchel is more likely to start the year OR end the season up the Arse... Arteta seemingly doomed already..?

New nickname - the Tuchas.
    After the invincible

"The untuchables "
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Fun fact - Steve Davis won a Lada for making the first televised 147.

My dad used to drive a Lada, so did my grandpa.
    Do you drive a lada ?

No, I prefer to ride your mom! OOOOOOOH BURRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNN

But no - I've never really had need for a car. Pretty lucky since I'm a terrible driver and truly despise doing it.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    No, I prefer to ride your mom! OOOOOOOH BURRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNN

But no - I've never really had need for a car. Pretty lucky since I'm a terrible driver and truly despise doing it.
    Snap friend

we keep having more in common

When's the wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Snap friend

we keep having more in common

When's the wedding?
    Get a room, you two...

Jeebus, I just realised Thiago has played a grand total of 135 minutes of football for us...

He's going to be the best January signing of the decade!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Schuurs
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”