Page 44 of 170 FirstFirst ... 343738394041424344454647484950515494144 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

We need a CB that much is clear we are down to the bare bones if Fab gets injured it’s game over we have no chance we could struggle to get top 4.

Klopp has said Matip is not too good.
    That must be the straw that breaks the camels back.........you would hope.
    Injured again after what 3 games back and he went off injured in one of those.
    Good defender but he needs replacing as we cannot rely on him at all. The 5 crocks we have are costing us in various different ways now.
    Last edited by teesred; 28th December 2020 at 12:02 AM.

We've needed backup for our first eleven for ages. If FSG haven't dipped into the market in previous windows/'spent' much (I don't believe Klopp wouldn't want a bigger/better squad), what makes anybody think that they are going to start now? And that's before you factor in what's going on in the world, something that gives our owners a convenient excuse when it comes to withholding funds, despite how badly we need to beef up our squad, particularly at the back.
    Last edited by RedNoodle; 28th December 2020 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    We need a CB that much is clear we are down to the bare bones if Fab gets injured it’s game over we have no chance we could struggle to get top 4.
    Extremely cheeky loan bid for Rudiger

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Extremely cheeky loan bid for Rudiger
    How he is not starting for Chelsea is a complete mystery to me.

Hopefully we have a new CB in by the time we play United we need one.

I wouldn't count on that happening if I was you.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    I wouldn't count on that happening if I was you.
    I’m not counting on it Klopp always likes to work with internal solutions as he says.

Unless we shift a foreign player or VVD we are screwed really as we have no space.

British players will cost a fortune but this season isn’t a normal one for anyone it’s not an excuse it’s a fact.

It's a weird one isn't it.

Hope so too LEGS. I think one of our more reliable journalists had us down for Upamecano in the Summer. He has a £40m release clause, but that clause only becomes active in the Summer apparently, so if we went for him now we might be asked for £55m+ or whatever it might be.

If Thiago Alcantara is fit to play within the next few matches I wouldn't put it past us to try something like playing Henderson beside Fabinho for a spell and then have a midfield three of Alcantara-Wijnaldum-Milner or something in the hope of grinding out the 20/21 season and then upgrading in the Summer.

Can envisage much hair-pulling and fingernail-biting and Twitter abuse should things pan out this way, but given how we operate, I wouldn't put it past us.

I’m not counting on it Klopp always likes to work with internal solutions as he says.

Unless we shift a foreign player or VVD we are screwed really as we have no space.
    What people say, and what people actually mean (particularly football managers and politicians) are regularly two different things. Klopp is hardly going to face the cameras and say "I'm having to work miracles with a thin squad and a load of youngsters because the owners of the fifth richest club in world football are too tight to offer the best manager in the world the funds to get in the number and quality of player that the current PL and recent CL and WCC champions deserve" is he?

We have a number of foreign players we can shift, but even if we can't there is nothing stopping us/Klopp getting in a non foreign player, even if they end up costing a fair wedge because of the ludicrous 'British/English' premium.

We'll cope somehow if we don't get anyone in, we always do with all the injury's we've had

It's such a shame, matip played some beautiful balls, and one for the goal....

if he could stay fit, he'd be worth 80m

Can't slag the lad off, great free signing who's done a lot for us, we've done well with them, like Milner too

A long way from the Voronion days.