Page 45 of 170 FirstFirst ... 353839404142434445464748495051525595145 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    We'll cope somehow if we don't get anyone in, we always do with all the injury's we've had

It's such a shame, matip played some beautiful balls, and one for the goal....

if he could stay fit, he'd be worth 80m

Can't slag the lad off, great free signing who's done a lot for us, we've done well with them, like Milner too

A long way from the Voronion days.
    Aye. Milner doesn't look like he should be working in the 'adult' industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It's a weird one isn't it.

Hope so too LEGS. I think one of our more reliable journalists had us down for Upamecano in the Summer. He has a £40m release clause, but that clause only becomes active in the Summer apparently, so if we went for him now we might be asked for £55m+ or whatever it might be.

If Thiago Alcantara is fit to play within the next few matches I wouldn't put it past us to try something like playing Henderson beside Fabinho for a spell and then have a midfield three of Alcantara-Wijnaldum-Milner or something in the hope of grinding out the 20/21 season and then upgrading in the Summer.

Can envisage much hair-pulling and fingernail-biting and Twitter abuse should things pan out this way, but given how we operate, I wouldn't put it past us.
    Which Journalist spoke about Upemacano Sid?
    Thommo thinks we should sign him.

We really need one to come in. Its not really an option but a necessity. Centre backs haven't been the issue when we have dropped points but if Fabinho gets another injury it could be different. Its taking a big risk not bringing someone in I think.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Haaland should be our next big investment, would have had a hat trick by half time
    He'll end up at Man-city.. they'll start a bidding war when it comes to a fee and we wont get involved. we should sign him a quick has possible.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Really will be a surprise that a CB isn't signed.
    Not a 16yo or 18yo one for the future.

No idea who. But they really must sign one.
    Phillips doesn't get a look in.
    He does look like a raw national league player tbh.
    Koumetio and VDB are too young and no experience nor physicality yet ready for the EPL..

RHYS WILLIAMS seems quite a decent player.
    But really an opportunity to bring in a player.
    I suspect 1 January a new CB that no one saw coming in.
    Obviously nobody right now knows.
    See Jota situation and Fabinho both came in without any prior rumour.

Perhaps using Divock or Shaqiri or a young player to bargain with to reduce the fee. Player + cash.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    What people say, and what people actually mean (particularly football managers and politicians) are regularly two different things. Klopp is hardly going to face the cameras and say "I'm having to work miracles with a thin squad and a load of youngsters because the owners of the fifth richest club in world football are too tight to offer the best manager in the world the funds to get in the number and quality of player that the current PL and recent CL and WCC champions deserve" is he?

We have a number of foreign players we can shift, but even if we can't there is nothing stopping us/Klopp getting in a non foreign player, even if they end up costing a fair wedge because of the ludicrous 'British/English' premium.
    I dont think that is the case as it is a German way so I believe Klopp and he has proven this time and time again.

You say "shift" the foreign players if only it is that easy.

I get you on uk based player but they just arent good enough.

We are not spending £40-50m on White/Dunk for example.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Which Journalist spoke about Upemacano Sid?
    Thommo thinks we should sign him.
    Had thought it was Pearce, perhaps Ornstein.

If I find it I'll link it. Ornstein seems to think Bayern are most likely now which would be annoying.

Financially guys don't forget (rough figures) we were set to make a £42m profit and then Covid had cost us roughly £100m so theoretically we are -£58m or whatever. Even if we project a League win or deep run in Europe we may need a sale or two and those who we have outgrown (Origi) or are good but frustratingly injury-prone (Shaqiri, Keita, Matip, Ox) aren't the easiest to shift.

A full season would generate around €95 million ( that’s Euros ) in total match day revenue BUT that is accounting for all the staff and extra costs involved in hosting and policing 50 odd thousand people.

Rounding up the numbers to £100 million ( in £ too ) is OTT.

The reality is that we could and should have been more proactive in the market especially since number 6.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/251158/revenue-of-liverpool-fc-by-stream/

Don't know if this has been posted yet:

Wijnaldum has asked Liverpool for more time before deciding whether to accept a new contract offer from the club or not. Both Liverpool and Jürgen Klopp would like to see him stay but have so far not been able to convince him to sign the new deal.
    [@FabrizioRomano]
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

More time, to speak to other clubs. Someone may come up with a more lucrative contract for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted yet:
    I don't know why he's dithering. He either agrees with the terms being offered, or he doesn't.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.