Page 46 of 170 FirstFirst ... 363940414243444546474849505152535696146 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

He's supposedly told the club he'll inform them of wether or not he wants to stay before talking to other clubs... I find that a tad difficult to believe, but it's out there.

I mean you can't blame him for wanting to check out his options.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    He's supposedly told the club he'll inform them of wether or not he wants to stay before talking to other clubs... I find that a tad difficult to believe, but it's out there.

I mean you can't blame him for wanting to check out his options.
    How nice of him.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

He's a first choice midfielder and is usually fit and available so we may have to give in on thos occasionand offer the long deal. If we somehow decided to sell him.in Jan then we'll be short in midfield with fabinho needed at CB. I dont trust keita, shaquiri and to an extent ox and thiago to be in the squad every week. Jones needs a break, too much expected of him too soon due to the sicknotes in midfield. Could be an interesting transfer window in jan

i've had it with him, if we can replace him with someone good- let him go his heart is obviously not with us anymore, thank you wij for everything you've done, but fuck holding the club to ransom like this

Also he has his great games, as good as he is, he's not consistent enough for me, goes missing, can be a issue sometines in the midfield.

I'm over him if he leaves he leaves we move on.

Just means I think keita won't be leaving us anytime soon

Thiago (the creaitive guy we need hopefully)
    Henderson (the workhorse/presshorse blabla)
    Fabinho (probably next season) the beast who can score screamers/knows how to pass not afraid to get stuck in
    Keita 2nd most direct player, shows promise then gets injured
    Ox (probs are most direct midfielder, we miss him in some games, only midfielder who can score goals)
    Jones young lad that can be counted on, grown into a player this season, still raw

Assuming milner won't be around too if he is we have 7 into 3

That's still 6 midfielders into 3 replace keita/chamberlain with someone if he's never not going to be injured

For me the midfield will be fine if we can somewhat sort injury's with Wij or not...

Money needs to be spent on CB/Alternative to Origi/Shaqiri- who can both leave.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 28th December 2020 at 02:48 PM.

I can only see two options Bayern or Barca for him.

I hope he stays but its not looking likely he will do.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I can only see two options Bayern or Barca for him.

I hope he stays but its not looking likely he will do.
    I think klopp knows this and thiago is his replacement tbh

Without all the injury's we have the depth in midfield but like with our CB'S it's been injury galore area this season sadly

It's just good it's not hit the attack yet (well apart from jota), even allison has had his injury's

If we do replace wij and get someone in, I hope it's someone like thiago, someone that has a spark/can make things happen, I think thiago will always pick up little injury's and he's not getting younger, getting a young lad with some of his qualities in to rotate/ be backup for him would be ace.

Is jones that player? -Not so sure.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 28th December 2020 at 03:14 PM.

Schuurs
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Schuurs
    Bruno Fernandes?

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Bruno Fernandes?
    I was right about that lad too Edit: the funny part of that was most on here were absolutely ripping me about it, and they're now the same ones bemoaning 'we don't have a Fernandes type player'
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 28th December 2020 at 07:11 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I was right about that lad too Edit: the funny part of that was most on here were absolutely ripping me about it, and they're now the same ones bemoaning 'we don't have a Fernandes type player'
    I thought it was more that it wouldn't happen, neither will Schuurs.