Page 49 of 170 FirstFirst ... 394243444546474849505152535455565999149 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    His assist for Rashford's goal against Everton was sublime (provided he meant it, which I suspect he did).
    Nah, he certainly didn't mean it. He tried to control the ball, couldn't reach and the slight touch he got was enough to play in Rashford.

I don't think so Noods, looked like he knew it was beyond even him to control that.

In other news, Sky report that Wij has a deadline to decide on his new contract until Friday.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

No chance he has a deadline. He will be welcome to sign up the last day of his current contract. Knowing the way we work, we will already know who we are bringing in to replace him if he goes.

I think the club might have told him "tell us until X or the offer is off" so that they can start the process of woeing the replacement.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Don't know if this has been posted yet:
    He's been in England from 15/16 and only ever played in Holland before.

He's 30 and his next club may be his last depending on how it pans out. He was won the League with us and the Champion's League with us along with the Club World Cup - he can't go much "higher" than us and Footballers only get one playing career - given what he has given us in terms of professionalism, fitness and memories I don't begrudge him weighing up whether he fancies a change of scenery, especially if we haven't offered him wages and/or contract length reflecting his current status - one of the League's most important midfielders.

We'll know soon enough what's happening. Really hope he stays as his work-rate, resistance to the opposition press and his luck/resilience when it comes to injury make him a vital player in the squad.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I don't blame him if he goes.
    A player who's been an integral part of our success, rarely injured and always dependable. Unlike some of the other useless injury phone midfielders we have who are probably picking up more than him.
    The money we waste on some players is ridiculous yet we aren't willing to reward a key part of our squad. He'll be replaced with someone good or maybe better but that's not really the point for me.

Could not agree more tees.

Just thinking, while im still awake :O.. Theres rumours of Origi going to Wolves. maybe we could do a swap deal and maybe a little cash and get Coady. Hes really impressed me in the last 2 seasons. It would solve the English problem and squad numbers.. Secondly you can make it clear he would be first choice. well over Matip. Matip needs ditching at the end of the season.. You cant rely on him whatsoever.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Just thinking, while im still awake :O.. Theres rumours of Origi going to Wolves. maybe we could do a swap deal and maybe a little cash and get Coady. Hes really impressed me in the last 2 seasons. It would solve the English problem and squad numbers.. Secondly you can make it clear he would be first choice. well over Matip. Matip needs ditching at the end of the season.. You cant rely on him whatsoever.
    Coady ticks everything for me. Whoever converted him into a centre back, deserves a special mention. Agree about Matip too.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

I'm sure wolves will get rid of there Captain for origi and a little cash

Origi + 1 million and 1 pound should do it

Out of our league sorry

how much do you think Origi is actually worth on his performances??? not to mention Coady is english

looking at at least 40m
    Last edited by Kev0909; 29th December 2020 at 12:43 PM.